Chapter 8

Marinette was having the best day ever! She'd been on a real date with Adrien Agreste. He'd brought her flowers, taken her for a wonderful walk along the Seine, and then they were cosied up on her bed. Her legs were tangled with his as they watched Stranger Things; Adrien offering himself as a human shield every time she got too scared to look at the screen.

Threading his fingers into her hair, he couldn't help the slight teasing accompanying the gentle, reassuring kisses placed upon the top of her head before he moved downwards — cheek, nose... softly on the corner of her lips.

Marinette sighed in hopeless bliss at Adrien's affections and ministrations, dreaming of the attentive ways he would make her feel if he was her boyfriend.

Then suddenly she didn't need to dream anymore. He kissed her. He properly kissed her. He kissed her like she'd seen a thousand times in Hallmark movies. Every movement was an unwritten declaration of love and understanding. Of togetherness.

The position grew uncomfortable and they moved. Adrien poised himself over her as he kissed her time and time again; the bed bouncing with the change in pressure of him against her. Then the bed movement increased, almost sending her flying off the bed. But what's more, was he smacking her ass? He didn't know Buttercup could be so bold!

"Marinette," he said, his lips parting from hers to whisper her name.

She looped an arm around his neck, pulling his now deliciously topless body against hers. A chill suddenly hit her stomach, causing her to quickly look down. Was she wearing her gym gear?

"Marinette," he said again, this time with a little more volume.

She cursed him for breaking their kiss again, moving her hands into his soft halo of hair to pull him closer. Her lips fought vigorously against his, wanting him to maul her and make her feel delectable.

It was getting warm.

Too warm.

She opened her eyes from the intensity of the kiss and realised they were in the sauna at the gym. She never knew she had it in her. This time it was Adrien who pulled her back to him, their heated make-out suddenly feeling a little drier than a couple of minutes ago. It must have been the heat from the sauna.

"Marinette!" That time when she heard her name, it was followed by a hearty slap to her rear and her body bucking out of her bed and landing in a heap on the floor.

She groaned, placing a hand to her head as she looked up into her best friend's eyes; the amused smirk started bubbling the annoyance inside her, something that emitted in the form of a growl.

"Woah! Chill, Marinette, it's just me."

"Well, just me, get out of my room!" Marinette twisted and turned to face her bed, pulling herself to stand and taking a moment to try and regain some sort of composure in her legs.

She hated waking up at the best of times, but to be woken up while in a lust-filled Adrien dream, well... Alya should just be lucky she had only growled at her and not thrown her out the window.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" Alya asked her friend, holding her hands up in surrender. It was a good move and a possible fake out; Marinette knew a quick duck and sweep of the leg that could take her out if the need arose. "Or should I say who?" And there it was. "Would it have anything to do with Adrien Agreste?"

Marinette stormed over to her nightstand, grabbed the hoodie lying on top, and flung it over her head. Her voice slightly muffled as she spoke. "No! You!"

Alya cackled in that witch-like way that grated on her nerves; Marinette stormed past her and out of the room. If she was going to deal with Alya in this mood, she needed caffeine.