𝟎𝟖.

"𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭"
tw: abuse
...

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 to say that ethan's father was absolutely furious with him.

wayne had expected his son to assist quinn in killing cora, but of course, this was an act that ethan would never commit in a million years.

wayne had both his kids gathered in their family home, an angry look grossing his face.
the two teenagers knew they were in grave trouble with their father, ethan especially.

"how do you expect to kill the carpenter sisters, if the both of you can't even kill their pesky little follower?" he said, his eyes glooming over quinn and ethan.

ethan didn't care at this point.
he didn't care if his father hated him beyond compare, all that mattered was that cora was safe and in recovery, and wouldn't be attacked alone again.

"look- dad, i almost had her-" quinn started, earning an intimidating glare from her brother at the mention of his girlfriends possible demise.

"i don't want to hear it quinn. you messed it up. why did you think it was a good idea to tell them where you where? you could've been killed!" he hissed at his daughter, a flinch coursing through quinn's body as his words spilled out at her.

ethan swallowed, keeping his eyes ridden from the fear he felt when he looked into the eyes of his father.

wayne's eyes met ethan's, the man's heart feeling nothing but emptiness as he stared down his youngest child.

he knew from the moment this boy was born, he would get nothing out of life.
he'd be weak, and completely useless to the path to greatness wayne had planned for both of his sons. he could see it in his eyes.
the softness ethan's warm brown eyes possessed was nothing compared to the ambition and sharpness in the deep blue pools richie possessed.

richie was his golden child, and ethan was nothing more than a bystander.

he paused before opening his mouth.
"i knew from the moment richie died, i lost the wrong son." he said coldly, ethan's heart throbbing at his harsh words.

ethan never thought his father felt nothing for him, and there was bound to be some sort of fatherly love involved, but hearing the words that had practically said 'i wish you were dead' had him stunned.

he blinked away the sadness in his eyes, and swallowed the lump in his throat.

"quinn, leave the room." wayne ordered, his daughter immediately obeying his command.
she passed ethan a glance almost as if she knew what would happen next.

ethan nodded at her, his eyes glazing over as he realised that he was in fact in real trouble.

his fathers eyes haunted over him.

"what the fuck were you thinking." he said, almost chuckling as the words shook out of his mouth.

"she's my girlfriend. i'm in love with her." he said quietly, earning a head shake from wayne.

"sam was richie's girlfriend, and yet he managed to stab her straight in the stomach." he said, ethan's nose twitching as his eyes remained glued to the floor.