𝟎𝟒.

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤"
...

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 in the kitchen, chad and tara at her side as the three prepared dinner for the group.

ethan came suddenly around the corner and into the kitchen, probably just woken up from his nap before econ.

"cor, i'm off." he said, aiming for a kiss on her cheek that she quickly dodged.

"good for you." she spoke coldly, keeping her eyes drilled to the leaves she was chopping faster and faster as a coping mechanism for how angry she was.

cora was still mad at ethan for what he had said about sam. she thought it was completely bizarre that he would even think of believing theories online over the truth his girlfriend had told him.

she thought he was completely pathetic, and she absolutely had a reason to be temporarily distant from him.

"come on, cora. i told you i was sorry." he said, placing his arms on either side of the counter she was leaned on, trapping her between them.

"sometimes sorry isn't good enough, ethan. i thought you were better than that." she said, turning her back to him, stiffening as she felt his head bury into her neck.

cora tensed up as she felt his hands snake around her waist, pulling her back into his chest.

"you can't stay mad at me, cor." he said, only making her roll her eyes at his attempt to make her forgive him.

"believe me, i can." she told him, turning around to look him in the eyes as she spoke.

something about the way his face dropped made her heart drop.
even though she had a perfectly good reason to be mad at him, it was then she realised more and more how awful she felt being the reason his eyes glazed over when he was upset.
it just showed her how much she loved him without being able to help it, and that was always the kind of love she wanted to experience when she simply looked at someone.

she sighed, sniffing slightly.
"okay. you ever say stuff like that again, i'll  beat your ass." she said, a smile she wasn't able to control pulling at the corners of her mouth.

he smiled back, before looking even deeper into her eyes, admiring the glint of white that appeared in her deep blue pools for iris's.

he leaned into her slowly, before gently letting his lips meet hers. cora loved how she could feel his heartbeat quicken as he kissed her.

he moved them slowly with hers, humming as she felt her hands tangle in his brown hair.
his tongue just about brushed over her bottom lip before chad appeared and clapped his hands as loudly as he could while the couple were mid-kiss.

"fuck!" cora jumped, looking over at chad in anger.

"save this shit for the bedroom, cora. it's disturbing." he snickered, before walking back over to his job of breaking up the pasta.

"leave them be, chad. they're in love, it's sweet." tara said, leaning her head back dramatically as she said 'love'
cora giggled a little, ethan simply looking at her with love in his eyes.

"i better get going or i'll be late." ethan said, giving her another peck on her lips before heading to the door.
cora waved at him, her boyfriend mimicking her actions before shutting the door lightly.