𝟎𝟏.

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲"
...

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃 eerie sound of the music blasted in cora's ears as she swayed her body to the upbeat music.

she knew attending this frat party wouldn't do her any good whatsoever, but she was young, and stupid, and clearly had nothing better to do.

it was almost halloween, and everyone at the party was in a great mood about it.
halloween seems lame, but not when you can go to parties, and tp houses, or scare kids into thinking monsters were after them.
cora knew it was gonna be a good halloween.

her best friend tara was quite possibly the human definition of drunk as she stumbled around, trying to find her way to the table of drinks for her third round of vodka.

tara, sam, chad and mindy were all cora's friends who were terrorised the previous year in woodsboro, by amber freeman and richie kirsch. the two had set out on a killing spree, thirsty for the blood of their so called, 'friends'

the group had decided to move away to forget what had happened to them, and start a new life bound together by what they experienced.

"how you doing t?"
mindy spoke, facing some level of amused concern for how drunk tara really was.
tara held her thumb up, her knees buckling slightly as she did so.

cora continued following her, noticing she was moving at a rather quick pace as if she was in some sort of hurry to be even more hammered than she already was.

tara wasn't a bad influence, and it wasn't regular that she'd go all out like this.
but like everyone else, she was here to throw the stress of university away and be a teenager.

"tara, maybe slow down!" cora yelled over the loud beats coming from the speakers.
"fuck no!" tara retorted, finding herself in a bit of a disappointing situation as she noticed the lack of drinks left on the table.

she began to scatter through empty bottles, desperate to find even a drop of the substance left for her to down in one shot.
cora found herself giggling at her friends sudden pissed of demeanour.

with one last reassuring look, cora turned around and found herself looking for her boyfriend.

she suspected he'd be somewhere with chad, obviously to shy to make my sort of interaction with another person he wasn't familiar with.
from a little way away, cora could see her boyfriend and chad getting on fine, until ultimately deciding to approach them as she was a little sick of dealing with tara and her currently screwed up head.

"hey." she said, leaning against the same pillar ethan was positioned on.
he quickly turned his head, startled by her sudden appearance, but the look of shock in his deep brown eyes suddenly melted into a softer manner.

"hi." he said quietly to her, leaning down and pressing a kiss to the side of her cheek.
she hummed in response, turning her head over to check on tara, to make sure she wasn't doing anything to crazy.

she seemed to be standing next to some guy, who looked almost a decade older than half the kids at the party.

she shrugged it off, hoping it was just some sort of friendly interaction.

"you seen mindy?"
chad asked her, tilting his head as his eyes scanned the crowd looking for his sister.
cora took a moment to recall, before nodding slightly.