{Solby #1 = The "Prank"}

(this chapter is based on the craziest prank in the world, also known as "HES EVERYTHING I HAVE!!!!" yeah. if you know what that means then just get ready.) T.W: guns implied, and close death also implied. 

Sam's Pov:

Everything happened so fast... All we did was get out of the car to check the oil... Why was this the first thing to happen to us? What did we do to deserve all of this... fear? My arms hurt. They are stuck behind me as they crash side to side in the trunk of the small red car. I wonder if Colby is okay..

As the car came to a sudden stop, my thoughts were abruptly interrupted. Within seconds, a bright beam of light flooded the trunk as it slowly creaked open. It was then that I caught sight of a man, standing between 5'10 and 5'11, clad in a menacing black ski mask. With a fierce grip, he began to pull me out of the trunk as I struggled to resist, but to no avail. In a matter of moments, I found myself collapsing onto the ground, my consciousness fading away.

Colby's Pov:

I try to move but there is tape holding me back. My thoughts racing as I get kicked in the ankles landing on my knees onto the ground. There's some stupid bag and my head preventing me from being able to see whatever chaos is going on around me... But that's what just makes it more terrifying, but that's when I Hear a familiar voice...

 "COME ON!!" It's Sam?!, I thought to myself. "GOD HELP ME!!" Sam's voice breaks with his own sobs. I tried to talk but then again tape prevented me from being able to do anything. I hear Sam struggle and then shuffle almost like someone taking out groceries from a bag.

 "What?... What did I do..." I hear Sam mumble. "W-What do yo- What do you want??.. We didn't do anything.." I try to speak again but nothing comes out, I just need to know that he'll be okay.

 "Colby.." I hear Sam say worriedly, I try to speak again but nothing comes out except for mumbles. "It'll be okay.." I felt someone slightly grab the bag blocking my vision and slowly taking it off. I saw a man in a black ski mask staring back at me, snickering just a little bit. The man in the ski mask turned my head forcefully to see Sam's red face from non-stop sobbing looking right back at me. I tried to tell him 'It will be okay.' but then again nothing came out. "It's gonna be alright dude... It's gonna be alright..." Sam said, trying to hold back his sobs that were trying to burst out of his chest. I keep trying to say something but tears flood my face and the tape isn't helping either. The man in the ski mask pulled down the bag onto my head again so then everything was dark again..

Sam's Pov:

I watched as Colby struggled to speak. The man in the Ski mask had pulled down the bag again, making it so Colby couldn't see what was going on. 

"I don't understand..." I say trying to hold back all of my tears but failing miserably. But that's when I saw the man lift up his gun. The built male swiftly pointed his gun at Colby's head, making my eyes widen tremendously.  

"W-What WHAT NO! NO! GET OFF HIM! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!! WERE JUST KIDS FROM KANSAS! YOU GOT THE WRONG GUY MAN!! NO!! HE'S EVERYTHING I HAV-" 

I was cut off by the sound of a bullet ringing through the air, as the thud of a body fell onto the ground. My thoughts were gone as all I could think about was Colby actually being gone. He is my best friend and If I lost him I don't know what I would do. I screamed my lungs out hoping that Colby would wake up, He has to right? I slowly turn my head to look at Colby lying there on the ground with a hole in the right corner of his chest. The sight made me sob harder but it built some kind of rage inside of me. The man in the ski mask took off the bag on Colby's head, and then he took off the tape, Colby scrunched his face and whimpered in pain as he bled out even more. I was trying to break free as I heard Elton and Jake's voices in the distance followed by sirens. The man in the ski mask ran away from the roof. After many attempts, I got my hands free. I quickly unraveled the tape around my ankles and ran to Colby lying on the ground in agony. 

"COLBY!!" I screamed trying to keep Colby conscious, but Colby's chest wouldn't stop bleeding. "COME ON MAN!! I NEED YOU!! PLEASE! DON'T LEAVE ME NOW!" I screamed as I hugged Colby's body as close as possible to my chest. I could hear footsteps following behind me, I didn't care to move. I couldn't leave Colby to bleed.

"I implored him to stay with me," I cried out, clutching him tightly as the paramedics and Elton with Jake finally arrived at the rooftop. My gaze remained fixed on Colby as the paramedics lifted him from my arms. Overcome with emotion, I wept uncontrollably, consumed by my own feelings of guilt and regret. If only I had tried harder...if only I could have protected him. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice. It was Elton and Jake, embracing me, offering comfort in the midst of my despair. "It's going to be alright, man," they assured me, determined to ease my burden of guilt.

~Time skip to 5:47 am at the hospital~

3rd person Pov;

After what felt like an eternity of crying, Sam finally managed to compose himself. He sat anxiously in the chair, tapping his foot restlessly, waiting for any news about his best friend, Colby Brock. Jake, who was sitting beside him, tried to reassure him that everything would turn out alright. "It's going to be alright Sam," he said, "Colby's a strong guy, you know that." Sam nodded, trying his best to keep his emotions in check. "I hope you're right, man," he replied, his voice barely above a whisper.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted their conversation, causing all three of them to jump. "Cole Robert Brock?" the doctor called out. Sam, Elton, and Jake all raised their heads eagerly, hoping for some good news. "How is he?!" Sam asked, his voice filled with concern. "He's stable for now," the doctor replied, "but he lost a lot of blood due to the delay. Luckily, you got here just in time. If you had arrived any later, we might not have been able to save him." Sam's heart sank at the thought of losing his best friend. But at least he was still alive.

The doctor then gave them permission to see Colby. Elton thanked him on behalf of Sam, who was too overwhelmed to speak. As they walked into the room, Sam's heart was pounding in his chest. He was relieved to see that Colby was sleeping soundly. They all tried to remain quiet, not wanting to disturb him.

A few minutes later, Colby stirred and let out a groan. "Aghh," he moaned softly. Sam immediately jumped up and rushed to his side. "Colby!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms around him. Colby winced in pain. "Ow, ow, owww," he groaned. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Colby," Sam apologized. "Hey, it's alright," Colby replied, managing a faint smile. "I'm so glad you're okay," Sam said, a tear rolling down his cheek. "I'm glad you're okay too," Colby whispered back. "You should probably get some rest, Colbs," Sam said as he kissed his friend gently on the cheek.