Chapter 10

Y/N's POV:

  "Finally, all finished." I mumbled to myself as I wiped my hands on my work pants.

  Map maintenance was a pain in the ass, especially after a game. Thankfully, I was finally done. I exited the map and made my way back to the lounge I was previously relaxing in. During my break I spent some time here to watch the games on the tv they had. And no, it wasn't only to watch Octane.

  Okay, maybe it was. I couldn't lie to myself, I missed having him around. He was the type of guy to bring me out of my shell and to experience new things, I really appreciated having someone like him into me. As cheesy as it sounds, opposites really do attract.

  I sighed, I felt really guilty not being there to congratulate him on his win. I pulled out my phone and went to the messages he left me.

  Hey, can we talk?

  Hermosa I swear I didn't do anything

  I wouldn't do anything like that I really care about you

  Just give me a chance to explain everything

  Was I being unfair to him? He has done nothing but treat me like royalty since we met. I didn't want to think he'd betray me like that but it's hard to trust people to begin with.

  "Y/N?"

  I'd recognize that voice anywhere. I turned around to see a smiling Lifeline.

  "Hey! How'd the first game go?" I asked, attempting to make conversation. It felt awkward since she was Octane's closest friend.

  "It was good. Haven't seen ya around much lately."

  I looked down nervously, yeah I had been hiding around. Since she hung around Octane quite a bit I accidentally avoided her too, although she's been nothing but sweet to me.

  "Yeah. I've just been busy." I lied. She looked at me as if she saw right through me but she just pretended she believed me.

  "Look. Silva can be a destructive idiot sometimes but I know one thing. He wouldn't hurt you."

  "But that picture..."

  She reached out her hand put it on my shoulder, comforting me.

  "It's not real. Someone edited him kissing someone else. He doesn't know who yet but we're workin' on that."

  "I dunno..." I looked down.

  "Trust me girly, I shouldn't say this but Silva loves ya."

  That warm feeling crept to my cheeks again, the dragons in my stomach were going wild again. I couldn't hide the smile that obviously appeared on my face.

  "He wants you to meet him at his apartment."

  I looked down at what I was wearing. I was dirty and probably didn't look great. "I can't go looking like this."

  "I gotcha covered."

*
*
*

  Lifeline's apartment was cozy. Like everyone else, she lived in the complex as well. She practically dragged me here and told me to shower and she'd have something waiting for me when I was finished.

  I wrapped my damp body in a towel and put my hair up, allowing it to dry. I exited the tiny bathroom to see a gift bag laying on the bed, Lifeline was nowhere in sight. The bag had a note on top of it.

  Meet Tavi at his apartment when you're done. Room 404 Top Floor

  I set the note down and opened the bag to reveal a beautiful dress. I tried it on. It was F/C and went down to my knees. It also showed off the shoulders a bit. The bag also had a pair of black flats to go with it. It fit perfectly, I had no idea how she knew my size.

  I finished drying my hair and stared at myself in the mirror. I look nice, thanks to her.

  I exited my apartment and went over to the elevator. I pressed the button for the top floor and the doors closed.

  Once they opened, I made a left down a long hallway.

  400...

402...

404...

Here we are

  I double checked to be sure I had the right apartment and knocked.

There he was

  He looked a bit more formal today but his hair was still the same cute mess that I remembered. He wore a warm smile and his eyes held so much emotion.

  We stared at each other for a brief moment before he cleared his throat, breaking the tension. "Do you want to come in?"

  I nodded and he stepped aside, inviting me into the apartment. He closed the door behind me. It's much cleaner than I remember. Then again, we were both drunk the last time I was here. I giggled at the memory.

  "What's so funny?"

  I shook my head with a dumb smile on my face, "It's nothing."

  He invited me to sit on his couch so we could talk.

  "Listen hermosa...I dunno what happened but I had nothing to do with that picture I-"

  I placed my finger over his mouth, hushing him before he had the chance to ramble on. "I know. Ajay told me everything."

  He grabbed my hand and moved it to his chest. I could feel his rapid heartbeat. But I doubt it's because of stim, it didn't seem he had taken any.

  "We'll find out who did it and straighten things out."

  That's all I needed to hear. I moved my hand and leaned in, placing my hand on his cheek as I stroked it. He broke the distance between us and crashed his lips against mine. It felt so good. He ran his fingers through my hair and used his other hand to bring me closer. His touch sent electricity through my body. His lips felt perfect against mine. I missed this. I missed him. We broke the kiss so we could both catch our breaths.

  "Forgive me?"

  "Of course, Tavi."

  He smiled. That smile was what I missed most of all. In a room full of people, he shines the brightest. He's so vibrant. He's so gentle. He's everything I ever wanted and I was stupid to push him away before. He held my hand in his.

  "I want to ask you something."

  I looked up at him, waiting for him to speak.

  "Will you be mine, Y/N?"

  "Yes!" I practically yelled and instinctively jumped in his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked deep into his eyes.

  He grabbed a fist full of hair and brought me closer to his face. He pressed his lips against mine and started out slow and gentle. But as time went by the kiss grew more passionate and faster paced. I felt warm and my body was tingly. I wanted more. I pulled away as I could feel something hard where I was sitting. Octane looked away shyly.

  "Err-sorry heh."

  I grabbed his chin to turn him to face me. I leaned in closer so I could whisper in his ear. "I want to."

___________________________________
A/N: Y'all made it official, finally! I'm not sure if I wanna make the next chapter NSFW or if I'll just imply something happened. It's up to the readers! (There'll be a warning if I go the NSFW route ofc) until next time! xoxo