Chapter 3

I glanced at the person up and down who had just bumped into me. Metal legs, shorts, a green top and a mask paired with goggles. It could only be one person and I recognized him immediately. Octane. I just bumped into the Octane. I immediately felt nervous as I've never been this close to a celebrity before. He had always been one of my favorite legends and I would always cheer for him when I watched the games from home with my brothers.

Wattson spoke up and introduced me to him, "Octavio this is Y/N, she's going to be our new equipment manager."

He extended his right hand out for me to shake, "Oh it's nice to meet you, amiga!"

I couldn't see his face but I could tell he was smiling behind that mask of his, he was really friendly. I gave him a warm smile and shook his hand.

"Well, I gotta run. Hasta luego!" He said as he waved goodbye and it practically jogged away.

"Shall we?" Wattson asked as she led me through the arena.

She basically dragged me around the arena, the place was huge and it took a couple hours for her to show me everything and how it all worked. She was really smart and I admired the fact she helped build this place. It was all well thought out and amazingly designed. I was handed my schedule and it seemed I'd be working full time and the pay seemed great.

"If you have any questions, let me know." She said to me with a smile.

"Will I be seeing other legends around?" I asked.

"Of course! They all live in the apartment complexes I showed you and they usually hang in the bar after games."

After a lengthy tour, we finally made it to the plaza and she led me into a bar where I was told they typically hang out.

"Hey Elliot!" Wattson called out.

He turned towards her and she made a gesture for him to come over. He stood up from his stool and approached us.

"This is Y/N, she's our equipment manager. I'm showing her around." Wattson had said.

Mirage smiled, "It's nice to meet you, Y/N. Can I buy you a drink?"

"Oh no, that's oka-" I was interrupted.

"No, seriously I insist. Consider it a 'welcome' gift."

I chuckled and nodded, accepting the offer. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and led me over to the counter he had previously been sitting at. He gestured for me to take a seat and I did.

He slid me over a shot glass and poured me a drink, I practically chugged it down like it was water. He looked at me impressed.

"Long day." I chuckled.

He laughed along with me, "Natalie give you a hard time?"

She glared at his joke and playfully punched him in the shoulder.

"Ow!" He said as he rubbed his shoulder.

"Don't get her too drunk now, she has work tomorrow." Wattson stated, a bit seriously.

"I won't, I won't." He winked at me and I smiled.

"Well, I'll be off. Welcome to the family, Y/N." Wattson gave me a kind smile before she made her way out of the bar.

"Meet anybody else yet?" Mirage asked me as he took another shot.

I shook my head, "I bumped into Octane during my tour but that was about it."

Mirage rolled his eyes and shook his head, "Junkie too hyped up to give a proper welcome."

"I didn't take it personally." I smiled as I took another shot, three was more than enough for me.

Speak of the devil.

I heard the front door to the bar opened and turned to see who it was, it was Octane. Mirage turned to see what I was looking at and noticed him too.

"Hey! Octavio! Come here and meet our friend!" Mirage shouted and got his attention.

Octane made his way over, "Ah, Y/N! Nice to see you again!"

I smiled, "Hey Octane."

He shook his head, "Feel free to call me Octavio, you're family now."

"Okay Octavio" I corrected myself.

I pulled out my phone and checked the time, it wasn't too late but I needed to be home to help with dinner.

Shit. I am officially an idiot.

I shouldn't have had those drinks, I knew I was a lightweight but accepted it without thinking.

Octane noticed my expression, "What's the matter, amiga?"

I sighed, "I need to get home but I've had a few drinks already."

"You can stay at my place, no? It should be easier since you work here now."

I shook my head, "That's nice of you but I need to take my brothers to school in the morning."

He thought for a moment, "I'll take you home."

"Octavio, my car..." I said remembering I'd be leaving my car here and wouldn't have a way to get back in the morning.

"Guess I'll be picking you up too!" He smiled.

I felt guilty but he seemed really willing to help me and he was likely the only person that could. Wattson had already gone home and Mirage had been drinking as well. I smiled at him.

"Lets go."

I said my goodbyes to Mirage before I headed out the door with Octane. He had a pretty nice car, it wasn't too materialistic but you could tell he made good money. I got in the passenger side and buckled up. I gave Octane my address which he just put into his phone's GPS so I wouldn't have to navigate for him.

My drive here was a good 30 minutes but with Octane driving, it felt like it was barely 10. The roads were empty as everyone had gone home and he took this opportunity to drive at 100mph. I wasn't used to going this fast and I felt my heart race. My nails dug into the seat as I braced myself incase we crashed. He, on the other hand, looked like he was having the time of his life. He had his window down and the radio all the way up.

Please don't crash. Please don't crash. Please don't crash

We made it to my house, alive, in case you were wondering. He had turned off his radio and looked over at me. He noticed I was a bit shaken up and looked concerned.

"Are you okay, amiga?"

I cleared my throat and looked over at him, "Yeah...I'm just not used to going that fast."

He chuckled, "You'll get used to it with me." He winked.

I smiled nervously, "Yeah thanks for the ride...I think I'll just pay for a taxi or something in the morning."

I really didn't have the money to afford one quite yet but it was better than costing my life.

"You sure? I really don't mind picking you up."

"I'm sure!" I quickly nodded and reached for the door handle. He grabbed my arm and I turned to look at him.

"I'll go slow, I promise."

I hesitantly agreed and we exchanged numbers before we said our goodbyes. I pulled out my house key and opened the door.

"Who was that?" My brother Nathan asked as I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"Octane." I said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, right." He laughed, assuming I was joking. "Mom left already but she ordered pizza for us."

I wish she had told me that, I wouldn't have gotten almost killed just now trying to get home.

___________________________________

A/N: Hey I hope you enjoyed, I think this chapter was slightly longer than the other two, I try my best since I'm busy. Votes and comments are appreciated! until next time xoxo