Chapter 8:The Talk

"your brother?!" the Chaotix all said in shock starring at Knuckles.

"...yes..." Knuckles said starring down, he doesn't really looking forward at their reaction.

Vector is speechless, Charmy is shock and Espio is suprised, the room is filled with silence...soon Espio ley out fee fake coughs which snaps Vector out.

"R-right, well since we're in a same case, of course we can help getting your brother back" Vector said, Shadow is silent as he have his arms crossed and leaning against the wall, starring at them with a blank look.

Knuckles look at the Chaotix and smiled at them.

"thank you, I appreciate it" Knuckles said as the Chaotix smiled at him.

"and maybe we can have a Réunion Party!" Charmy said cheerfully making Vector chuckled and pat his head.

"maybe after we find him" said Vector while Charmy let out a small laugh.

"well I'm glad we can all work this out! Right Shads?" Sonic said with a toothy grin as he nudge the black hedgehog.

Shadow look annoyed and look away from him.

"I'm only doing this because he have my emerald, after this I'm ganna break your legs until you can't move" he said at him with annoyance as Sonic just pat his back.

"oh don't worry Shadow, I won't let you do that easily without fight haha!" Said Sonic as the others sweatdropped at their relationship at eachother.

"anyways...you guys also said that my brother might be working for Eggman?" Asked Knuckles turning their attention back to the situation, Vector nodded.

"yes, Shadow said he sees a Eggman logo on him which comes to a conclusion that his working for Eggman" said Vector as Knuckles shakes his head.

"no...my brother isn't like that, it might been years but I know my brother" he said as shadow step in.

"Or do you? remember echidna, you both haven't seen eachother for years..alot have changed since you last saw him, he might not be the same Echidna you remembered" said Shadow crossing his arms as Knuckles look at him.

"I know that...but I know he isn't evil there must be any other reason why his working for Eggman" Knuckles said looking at his gloved hands as Shadow just closed his eyes.

"if that's what you believe then fine...but remember what I told you" he said as he turn around making them facing his back.

Knuckles stared at him as he stared down, he knew his brother isn't like that...but he have doubts.

The F/C echidna continues to walk as Rouge is on the trees, spying on him.

She decided to spy to see what will happen next or what Eggman is doing with a echidna.

When he arrived at the Eggman's base Rouge sees it and also saw the echidna typing the code in the pad before the metal doors opening.

He walked inside as Rouge spread her wings and flew fast, entering before the metal doors closed.

She managed to get on a hidden spot as she watches the echidna walking, she then sees Cubot walked towards the echidna.

"ah! N/N your back!" said Cubot making the echidna stop and look at him.

"I'm sure you already completed your mission right?" asked Cubot as the echidna that Cubot called N/N nodded.

'N/N hm..' she thought and continue to watch them.

"if you want to know where Dr Eggman is, his on the control as always" Cubot said pointing at the direction as N/N look where he point at.

He nodded slightly before patting Cubot's head and walked off.

Cubot blink but flew off as Rouge followed N/N.

N/N walked in the room and stood there as Eggman is there, Rouge sees it and keep herself hidden.

"I see your back, did you have it?" he asked, N/N didn't respond but he grabbed something out of his F/C deadlocks pulling out the Purple Emerald and toss it at Eggman who caught it.

He smirk looking at emerald as he put the Emerald at the glass container and put his hands behind his back.

" excellent, you may rest until I find where the other Emeralds are...now go" Eggman said waving him off, N/N didn't said anything and just obeyed as he walked off.

Rouge is silent starring at them, she look where N/N is going and quickly follow him.

N/N walked into his room as the doors closed by itself, N/N sighs and walked towards his bed sitting on it.

He look at his robotic arm starring at it, he put his hand on his robotic arm remembering the surgery.

He gain a forehead shadow thinking about it...he was awake, he seen how Eggman do it..he felt it...the pain.

N/N closed his eyes taking a deep breath, he open his eyes slightly and look at the direction.

Looking directly at where Rouge is hidding, he narrowed his eyes.

Unknown to her, he already seen her and he wondered how long she can keep this little game of her's.