-Vote-

Paige woke up gasping, whipping her head around.

"Hey, hey, hey! Calm. You are safe." Paige snapped her head, seeing Johanna. "A nasty hit to the back of the head but you are fine."

Paige sighed softly, falling before a moment before sitting back up.

"Yellow jacket?" She asked.

"What?"

"The child? With a yellow jacket? Where is she?"

"Somewhere with the other refugees we took in as the Capitol bombed those people."

"No Jo.... That was not the Capitol." She said in horror. "I was there.... I've seen it.... They were defenseless civilians.... Why would Snow bomb them? His own people."

"What are you suggesting?"

"Just that.... I never trusted Coin."

".... That makes two of us."

"I need to find Katniss."

"Stay." Johanna pushed her back down. "Down... We'll see her soon don't worry, Coin has called all the surviving victors together, something about an important meeting to decide on Panem's future."

"Oh I will be there even if it wasn't mandatory."

"Mhm, lets wait for a doctor to dismiss you before we do anything else."

"Right... Snow?"

"Held captive in his rose garden, how ironic that he used them to hide himself with all his life and now its the most obvious place to be."

"Yeah." She sighed, looking at the ceiling.

------------------------------------------------------------

"What's this?" Katniss asked, stepping into the room where the remaining victors sat with Coin, looking around at the round table.

"The remaining Victors." Coin said, waving at all of them" Won't you join us?"

Katniss looked at them all, some she forgot existed in this hectic world, Enobaria, Beetee, Annie, some which she remembers very well, Heymitch, Johanna, Paige, Peeta, Finnick. All gathered here.

She sat down with them.

"I have invited you all here for several reasons but first, I have an announcement. I have taken the burden and the honor of declaring myself interim president of Panem."

"Interim?" Paige scoffed, knowing she wasn't serious.

"Exactly how long is that interim?" Heymitch added on, Coin just smiled.

"We have no way of knowing for certain but it's clear that people are far too emotional right now to make a rational decision. We'll plan an election when the time is right but I have called you here for a far more important vote."

Paige didn't like the vibe that came off the woman.

"A symbolic vote. This afternoon, we will execute Snow, hundreds of his accomplices also await their deaths. Capitol officials, peacekeepers,  torturers, gamemakers but the danger is, once we begin, the rebels will not stop calling for retribution. Thirst for blood is a difficult urge to satisfy so I offer an alternative plan. Majority may approve it. No one may abstain. The proposal is this, in lieu of these barbaric executions we hold a symbolic hunger games."

The silence was heavy in the room before Johanna laughed out at the absurdity of the proposition.

"You wanna have an other hunger games with the capitol's children?" She asked.

"You're joking?" Peeta said, cupping his hands and squeezing on his own knuckles.

"Not in the slightest." Coin said with her smile.

"Is this Plutarch's idea?" Heymitch looked the most shocked of them all.

"It was mine." Coin said again. "It balances the need for revenge with the least loss of human life.... You may cast your votes."

0 - 0

"No. No, obviously not. This is crazy." Peeta said.

1 - 0

"I think it's more than fair." Paige looked at Johanna as she talked, shocked but seeing where she came from. "Snow's got a granddaughter, I say yes."

1 - 1

"So do I. Let them have a taste of it." Enobaria said.

1 - 2

"You guys, this way of thinking is what started these uprisings." Peeta tried to convince the two woman.

"I vote no with Peeta." Annie said.

"I am sorry Annie." Finnick added, arm around his wife. "But yes." (because otherwise the vote I want would be off.)

2 - 3

"No. We need to stop viewing each other as enemies." Beetee added.

3 - 3

"It's down to Katniss, Paige and Haymitch."

"I get to kill snow." Katniss said.

"I expected no less of you."

"Then I vote yes. For prim."

3 - 4

Paige shook her head.

"Katniss you can't be serious." She almost growled out. "None of your can be serious!" She stood, slamming her hands on the table, fuming more then she thought she would. "We all went through this, how can you wish it on anyone? If it was not the children maybe I would have said yes but now?" She shook her head. "I say no." She glared at Katniss, taking a deep breath. "For Marcus."

4 - 4

Both girls having lost their younger siblings they were ready to die for but it seems they differed on this point, Katniss wanted to watch the others burn while Paige didn't want the same pain inflicted on others.

"Haymitch?" Coin asked.

He looked between the mockingjay and 7's career, both begging him with their eyes, one to say yes, one to say no.

"I'm with the mockingjay." He sighed out.

4 - 5

"That carries the vote. Excellent. We'll announce the games tonight after the execution." Coin said with glee.

Paige slammed her hands once more, shoving her chair back with so much force it crashed down, marching out of the room before she killed someone and that someone could have been anyone in the room currently.

From marching she turned to jogging to full on sprinting, running down the halls and out of the manor, tears burning her eyes.