-Token-

They had found a little cliff side, sleeping at the foot of it, next to the river, so there was only one place where danger could come from.

They had even made a fire to heat up some of the canned food, turned out that all three cans they opened had the same mix of vegetables and beef in it, of course they put it out quite fast.

"Why do you play with that?" Jasmine asked, she and Paige were awake, since they were a bigger group they chose to have two people awake at the same time.

Paige let go of the hair tie, not even noticing she had been doing it.

"Oh this? This is my token."

"A weird token." Jasmine said with a side eye.

"Mhm but still, my mentor gave it to me."

"Johanna Mason right? The feral woman she is doesn't have it in her heart to gift anything."

"Trust me, it's hers."

"At least you have a token."

"You were not given anything huh?" Paige said, looking at her, the artificial bright moon light making it easier for them to see then any normal night would.

"Why do you think no one volunteered for my spot in the games? They want me gone, I am an outlier in 2 and will die anyway."

Paige looked at her.

"How do reapings go in 2 anyway? We are always told they volunteer, with 1 being the same." She pulled out her own hair tie, it was in a much better condition then Johanna's but she still used the mentor's one to remake her pony tail.

"They read out the name and then everyone wanting to participate shoots of in a dead sprint, trying to touch the glass bowl with the names and whoever touches it first is the one that will play in the games."

"Brutal but fits the career district."

"And you 7, called a career?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "Brent Halavey, headless cavalier, my father, he trained us in case we ever got reaped, to be sure we won."

"I envy you, a family to love you, I have nothing waiting for me if I win."

"There must be someone, everyone has someone."

"I have a friend, maybe him."

"That's a good start, what's his name?"

"Cato, he is a brash and stupid guy but he's my friend."

"Then you have a reason to want to go home too." She held out her hair tie to the career. "Might be trashy but..." She stopped talking as she dropped it in the girl's hands.

"Why?"

"Johanna gave me hers, as my token, so I'll give you mine as a token too, everyone deserves to have one."

"You are weird 7." But she pulled it on her wrist.

"I've been told that a few times." She said, the pain in her leg had long lessened, now there was the chance of infection that was high that was the main worry.

And suddenly a little 'tink' heard followed by another and one more as a little parachute lowered through the foliage with mini barrel looking container attached to it.

Jasmine stood and grabbed it out of the air when it was in arms reach.

"7, it's for you." She threw it at Paige who saw the black 7 on the container.

She opened it and grabbed the unlabeled cylindrical metal box before grabbing the paper note that fell out.

<<That's would be an embarrassingly stupid way to die if you let it fester.>>

-J

Paige blinked before chuckling and folding the note in her pocket and unscrewing the little box's top, it was filled with thick creme, if it was anything like the one rubbed on her face injuries from her fight with Josh, it would do miracles.

Rubbing a dollop of it right into the wound and it felt like stinging nettles has just been rubbed in there but she just bit her tongue.

"Don't use it all, could be useful." Jasmine was right so she put the little container in her pocket and rubbed the bloody cream around, only bloody because she touched the wound, it had stopped bleeding a while ago.

"Don't you want to fix your face?" She asked, the cut on it having scabbed, Jasmine shook her head. "Alright but tell me if you change your mind."

"You are weird 7."

---------------------------------------------------------------

What woke Paige up was the shake she got from Kai.

She stretched with a sigh, looking at her leg, it was fixed as if nothing happened, oh how she loves the Capitol for the second that realization lasted for her leg, fixing her pant leg, it was scratchy from dry blood but nothing could be done about that.

"You lucky bastard." Nelson laughed as he nudged the sponsor pod with his foot. "I want one too." He said with a smile.

"Lets move yeah?" Marcus asked softly with a head tilt.

"Right, lets try to find the edge of the arena and follow it for now." Kai said.

"Good idea 12." Jasmine said. "Lets move."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Let the fun begin." The game master watched the second career pack move through the forest. "When they get in sector eight, free the needle birds." He said.

The Capitol wanted a game worth of having so many careers and they would have one, a bloody glory.