-7's Career-

"You should try to eat something." Cato sat next to Johanna, the odd pair getting along more then anyone thought but deep inside them all they all knew, ever since Jasmine Langre and Paige Halavey, 2 and 7 seemed like the most obvious pairing.

He hate to be forced to put a plate of food in front of the woman, not liking to make her do things she didn't want.

It was mashed potatoes and some tasteless meat everyone got.

Katniss was pulling the same face Johanna did at the start but 7 now wordlessly ate it.

All victors sitting together, even in 13, this Coin woman wanted to elevated them away from the others, distinguish them. Johanna felt like she was just another Snow but no one else did so she kept her mouth shut for once, her cooperation might lead to the opportunity to go save Paige.

"Thanks boy." She told him but after the first bite it turned sour in her mouth as the screens in the room turned off with the Capitol log moments before Caesar's face came on screen.

"Hello. Good evening." He greeted. "And a big welcome to all in Panem. I'm Caesar Flickerman and whoever you are, whatever it is you're doing, if you're working, put down your work. If you're having dinner, stop having dinner because you are going to want to witness this tonight."

Johanna stood, the screen shifting to show Peeta and Paige sitting on a couch in from off him, watching him speak in silence.

"Paper." She whispered.

Paige looked distracted and having trouble concentrating more then Peeta did, with tremors in her hands only Johanna noticed as she had been looking for them to begin with.

"There had been rampant speculation about what really happened in the quarter quell and here to shed a little light on the subject for us are very special guests. Please welcome Mr. Peeta Mellark and Mrs. Paige Halavey."

Johanna leaned forwards, hands on the table, wanting to hear her voice, almost as if to dissipate the doubt that it was really her.

"Talk us through what really happened on that final and controversial night."

"As you might have seen, I had been facing down Enobaria and Brutus, I was about to end the man but the arena went dark so sadly I can't say more." Paige smiled softly but it didn't reach her eyes.

"Well, first off, you have to understand that when you're in the games you only get one wish, it is very costly." Peeta said.

"It costs your life." Paige added on.

"I think it costs more then your life." Peeta said and she nodded since he was correct.

"How do you mean?" Caesar said. "What's more than your life?"

"I mean to murder innocent people, that costs everything that you are. You become a monster, you lose who you were, a murderer." Paige added, white knuckling her hands but with the polite smile on her face that broke Johanna's heart.

"So you hold on to that one wish?"

"Yes, like I tried and failed with my brother, my goal was to get Johanna out of the arena alive." Paige said, and at that moment, that sounded true, Johanna knew she wasn't lying.

"And that night my own wish was to save Katniss." Peeta added. "I should've just run off with her earlier in the day like she'd wanted."

"But you didn't. Why? Were you caught up in Beetee's plan?"

"No, I was caught up trying to play allies." He glared at Paige a bit. "And then they separated us and... That's when I lost her and then the lightning hit... And the whole force field around the arena just blew out."