-Bloodbath-

Cold sweat pearled down Paige's back.

She had been told to put on the clothes she came in so this arena wasn't a water arena or she would have been given specific clothing like she saw on the big screen.

"Marcus is fine, he is next to the male from 12." The sliding doors opened as Johanna came in, looking with disgust at the tube that would bring her tribute up in the arena only minutes from now.

"Yeah, that's good." She fidgeted with her fingers.

"Stop moving so much, you said it yourself, you are 7's career, you'll probably be fine."

"How encouraging."

"You know what?" Johanna then stopped talking, changing the subject. "Do you have a token."

"No." She shook her head. "My father didn't come to see us as we set off." She missed the look on Johanna's face there moments before she lifted her head. "But I don't need that, I can do it without it."

Her mentor hummed before reaching up and undoing the pony tail she had and held her the old black hair tie, part of it frayed off and some parts the white plastic in it was visible.

"Here." She grabbed her tribute's hand and put the tie in it. "Nothing much but I'll give you this as your token."

It was nothing but a piece of cloth and elastic but it currently meant the world to Paige, looping it around her wrist.

"Thanks."

The door opened and peacekeepers entered.

"Try to not be the first death, looks bad on my resume." Johanna said, trying to cover it but sounding slightly stressed, remembering how it was step in those damned tube.

"Don't worry." Paige was ushered in it, putting her hand against it. "I won't."

Johanna sighed, laying hers on the glass where Paige was touching opposite.

"Try to win for yourself, not your brother." She tried in simple terms to convince the girl she knew would never change her mind.

The tube started moving.

Paige crouched as the tube moved, gaining a few more seconds to look at her mentor before darkness surrounded her.

"Welcome to the 71st annual hunger games." A disembodied voice said as she came up from the ground on a platform, in a circle facing the cornucopia.

She looked around it looked like forest behind here and the ruins of a in front, looking at the tributes.

"10."

She was between the female 4, which was bad news, and 11's male.

"9."

Her eyes scanned around, finding her 2, right next to 11's male, that's good.

"8."

She couldn't see Nelson, there was five podiums she couldn't see from her position.

"7."

She could see her brother but not 12 so he was one of the unseen tributes. They all talked strategy so all knew what to do.

"6."

Johanna looked at the screen from the launch room, focused on it with all her energy, her hand at her mouth, each year she tried not to but each yeah she found herself hoping her tributes would come out alive from the bloodbath.

"5."

The second career pack's mentors watched in tensed silence, the two girl near to each other but the three boys furthers from them.