Chapter 4

"Sam has been loyal since the day he started" Giovanni moved to grab my hands and moved to intertwine them together "He wants her, and now he's got her" He said it so casually, one would have to do a double take at what he said, I looked at him with wide eyes.

No way... he did just give her up that creep?

----

We had both walked back to what he said is 'our' room in silence, with my left hand I started to bite my nails before my eyes flickered back to Giovanni who was sitting next to met relaxed watching TV. He looked so relaxed, and I had an urge to punch him in the throat. How could be relaxing when he just told me that he has handed my only and BEST friend to that monster Sam ?? Thinking about how creepy and demented Sam was being still shocks me to my core, he was always so nice.

Giovanni had taken off the ghost face mask to my relief, he just took his blazer off and was sitting on the sofa with my legs- that he forcefully - put over his thighs and was now touching my bare leg and was gently massaging my calf's. I had to ignore the butterflies in my tummy, and I licked my dry lips. Why did he have to look so my eyes scanned over his relaxed form. His head was leaning against the back of the sofa, he has taken off the tie and opened a few buttons of his shirt revealing a smooth muscled chest. I shook my head, what the hell? The man forced my hand in marriage, and kidnapped not only me but my friend, threatened to kill her and just gave her away like it was nothing.

Just like that the disgust, threw away any type of... feelings...that have been stirring in me. I cleared my throat, prioritise Holly. Prioritise the important things. A squeeze on my calf stopped me from talking, he didn't even turn his head as his gaze stayed on the TV "no" he murmured immersed by I looked at the TV apparently Gino D'acampo. I tried hard to stop rolling my eyes, really he finds that interesting ? I let out a deep breath "Why not..just let her go" I said softly, trying a different approach entirety.

I couldn't get emotional about it, I needed to be smart.

Giovanni sighed still looking at the TV "No significa no. No means no. Sam works hard..." Giovanni decided to then look at me "I can't go back on word baby" I clenched my jaw and looked away from him, I crossed my arms against my chest my mind going into a complete meltdown. Okay, let me try appealing to his human side..if he has one.

I looked back at Giovanni who had stopped massaging my cals but was now caressing my calf, he was every so slowly moving up. I tensed my leg as he reached my thigh and relaxed when I felt him move back down. His hands were far from soft, they were rough and there wasn't a part of hi hand that was soft. These hands had been through hell. "What..what about.-" my breath caught my throat as he moved his body close to mine forcing me to lean further back into the sofa, until I was fully laying down.

Giovanni had long forgotten his TV show, as he moved his body to lay ontop of mine, he moved his body weight so that he was leaning on his arms and his legs trapped mine. His face was actually hovering over my shoulder as he nudged me to move to the side. My body feeling numb as I moved closer to the edge before he said "fermarsi" (stop) I didn't understand what he said but I stopped moving. From the pleased grunt I received I'm guessing it meant stop. He moved the right side of his body to slide into that now free space and moved his head to lean against my chest, his leg moved to wrap around mine and used his right arm to pull my body closer to his.

Feeling a bit dumbfounded by what just happened, I just blinked at the ceiling. Does he want to ..snuggle? I'm sure he can hear it, but my heart was beating fast as he let out a relaxed sigh. I looked back at him and shook my head, Jesus what was I saying? Ah yes "Salma has a family..she's the only daughter to her elderly parent's she needs to look after them" I'm trying hard to appeal to his humanity, Salma doesn't deserve this. Even though she was the one that put me here in the first place. I quickly shook the evil thought away, if I had family and I was in her position I wouldn't think twice before throwing someone else under the bus.