Chapter Nineteen

It's dark at first as she doses off after
feeding from Sebastian but soon she comes to lying on the floor of a dark room. It is cold and damp but the smell of blood is what caught her off guard. She could feel the presence of others around her but there was nobody else in the dungeon-like room.

"So this is the little vampire that is mated to my grandson." The male voice makes her shoot up off of the floor and turn around. She can't believe what she is seeing as she takes in the long black hair, pale complexion, and dark eyes. The mad king stood before her but how.

"M..Maxim, it's not possible, you have been dead for more than one hundred years." The mad king smirks widely, allowing her to see his fangs glistening.

"You are sleeping young blood. It's so easy to access your mind in spirit this way." Before she can respond he is in front of her, grabbing her by the neck. He throws her against a concrete altar that appears to be stained with blood. The pain that screams through her body is anything but dream-like. "This is the only way I can enjoy the sweetness of blood anymore." He growls and pulls her up, throwing her on top of the altar. The air is forced from her lungs as she grunts.

"Stop! My family was your Allie! Don't hurt me please." He grins as he pins her hands above her head and runs his fingers down her throat. She hadn't realized she was wearing a dress until now.

"You look absolutely delicious." He growls and he moves to the end of the altar grabbing her by the legs and pulling her to the edge. She tries to push him away but with a wave of his hand her hands are pinned above her head by an invisible force.

"Stop, no, Alaric! Alaric!" She screams out as she tries to move herself even further back on the altar. She can't stop him as he leans in and bites deeply into her throat. She screams in pain, as she tries to squirm out of his hold.

"Maxim Berezin, you let that young blood go now!" She hears a woman's voice says as she continues to fight Maxim. He pulls away from her and turns to look at whoever the voice is coming from.

"Eliza, in life you never disobeyed me. Why is it in death you have done only that?" She feels her arms be yanked up and she is slid out from under Maxim. She looks up to see another woman but her vision begins to waver.

She sees the long hair of the woman before her vision goes black as she hears a whisper in the air. "Take care of my baby boy, my Alaric."

Her eyes shoot open and she looks around noticing that she is no longer in her bed with Alaric but in the damp room from her nightmare. She can feel the dark energy from the room, the anger that the very altar she sat on held inside it. She can't explain how she got here but she knows by the bruises on her wrists and the blood on her collarbone the spirit of Maxim was very much still in this castle.

She begins to panic, not knowing how to get out of this room. She curls up on the altar, anxious as she tries to figure out how she managed to get into this room. She feels the tears rolling down her cheeks as she looks around the dark room, sensing all of the emotions. "I...I need help." She whispers as she feels her body growing hot. "Alaric... Alexandra,somebody please." She looks down at her hands as they begin to glow a bright golden color.

She squeezes her eyes shut tightly, afraid that the monster will come back. After a moment the atmosphere changes and she can sense new presences. She opens one of her eyes and is delighted to see Alexandra staring back at her.

Alexandra can't believe what she is seeing as she looks at the new blood who has just appeared in her bedroom. She has blood all over her shoulder and the dress she had just lent her has a tear on the strap. Her body is covered in bruises and the tears coming out of her eyes were those of pure terror. "Tell me what happened, Arabella."