Chapter Nine

*trigger warning* this chapter does contain sensitive content relating to injury and death.

Alexandra comes to with a foggy mind but she is not alone in the room. Her head hurts and the lights aren't helping but as she tries to move she feels a gentle hand on her arm. "Sweetheart, I need you to lie down. Are you thirsty?" It's her mother's calming voice that speaks to her and she looks over, she sees her sitting to her right.

"Mother? What happened? I've never felt that before." Her voice is hoarse and she turns the other way seeing Dylan looking at her. His whole body is tense and his hand is fisted at his mouth. He notices she is looking at him and his gaze softens, it's now that she notices Isabella and Alaric not far off chatting in the corner.

"I'm so sorry Alexandra, I didn't think this was even possible right now, I would have been more careful had I known." She is confused as to why Dylan is apologizing to her. She opens her mouth to ask him when the door opens and a girl about her age enters. Alexandra's thirst flares to life at the smell of the woman making her turn towards her mother.

"Alexandra, this is Jezebel, you're going to need to feed from her. It will make you feel a lot better." Her mother's tone is soothing but she has never fed from a human before. Her gums ache but she just curled up next to her mother, afraid she is going to kill this woman. She runs her hands through Alexandra's hair but she keeps herself turned away from the human.

"Princess, we need you to drink her blood. She is a well trained feeder, we are here to help you." Dylan says and she turns to look at him. She wants him at her side right now. She reaches her hand out towards him and he looks at her with shock. He steps forward and takes her hand, but she wants him to lie with her on the bed.

"Come lie with me. If I'm going to have to do this, I want you next to me." She doesn't have to say another word as her mother moves off of the bed and Dylan moves in behind her. He helps her sit up and Jezebel steps forward, reaching her arm out.

"Your highness, I offer you my wrist." Her voice is soft but Dylan reaches out bringing Jezebel's wrist closer. Everybody's watching her intently, waiting to see if she will lose her mind. Her lips touch the smooth flesh of Jezebel's wrist and that's all it takes for her to bury her fangs into her.

The sweet taste that touches her tongue and she groans, it is unlike anything she has ever tasted. Dylan's hand comes around and holds her at her stomach as she pulls the blood from her wrist.

Oh my god, Dylan, this is human blood? It tastes so good fresh from the vein.

She hears a chuckle from behind her and his grasp tightens on her as he kisses her cheek.

Yes, princess, that's it. Enjoy the taste. This is who we are.

She smiles against Jezebel's wrist and suckles hurriedly on the wound just wanting more. Jezebel shifts her wrist but Alexandra quickly reaches up holding her to her tightly.

I want more. I need more.

"Your highness, I need you to stop." Jezebel says and yet She doesn't care. She wants more, she isn't satisfied yet. Jezebel comes closer trying to pull her wrist free but instead Alexandra catches a glimpse of something better. She releases her wrist but grasps her arm, pulling her closer. Her fangs pierce the woman's throat and she lets out a cry of pain causing somebody else to jump into action. Blood runs out of her wound and down Alexandra mouth, dripping onto her clothing.

"Alexandra let Jezebel go, now!" Her body runs cold and she releases Jezebel who falls backwards into Alaric's hold. She sits frozen until two hands come around her, pulling her back into his embrace. "I'm sorry, as your maker I have the ability to control you, but I promise I never want to do it."