chapter one*

You probably think it started when she won the women Ballon D'or and he the Kopa Trophy. They were together at the ceremony. It was the first time the two were seen next to each other. It was the first time she met him. For her it started that day.

But for him? For him it started way back. He always admired her. Maybe because he watched the women football World Cup in 2019 and was shocked how good she was at what she was doing or maybe because he was 15 back then. He was a full on teenager and boy that age are just like that. Back then he started thinking that she was the prettiest girl and was incredible talented.

Now he was so close to her. His stupid teenage crush made him act like a fool around her. She didn't care, he was 18, she 21. It wouldn't be right. She actually didn't even worry about that since he was just some "teenage boy" who played the same sport as her and was also very good at it.

Thanks to her brother she knew lots of boys like that. Her whole life she knew boys like him. Her twin was an professional football player as well. They always battled. She always wanted to be better than the boy, that's probably the biggest reason why she is where she is right now.

But there, standing next to him at the ceremony, Gigi's presence was almost surreal to Gavi. He found himself lost in the whirlwind of emotions he had kept buried for so long. Every word she spoke, every smile she shared, only intensified his infatuation. It was as if his teenage fantasies were coming to life, and he struggled to keep his composure.

As they talked, Gavi's mind raced with thoughts. He remembered the countless hours he had spent watching her matches, marvelling at her skills on the field. Those moments in front of the TV had turned into a source of inspiration, a motivation to push himself harder in his own training. And now, here she was, standing before him, unaware of the profound impact she had on his life.

Gigi, on the other hand, felt a mixture of flattery and amusement at Gavi's awkward attempts at conversation. She could tell he was trying to impress her, to make a connection beyond the surface. She appreciated his effort, but her mind was grounded in the reality of their age difference. To her, Gavi was just another young talent in the football world, albeit one with a lingering crush.