Part 4 - 181

Meridian's battlefield was a brutal one. A 4 way battle between factions, each having a duo of "allies". The UNSC , Prometheans, Covenant, and a new faction of elites in red. The Swords Of Sanghellios. High above the Covenant, a jackal spotted what looked like a shooting star. Maybe a comet. They all watched it fall, burning up quickly.... Until it didn't. The fire left it. And the rock kept falling. Convinced it was a meteor, the covenant forces backed up behind cover, as it slammed into the ground. A very quiet sound for a meteor. And that became obvious why when the Meteor stood and began firing at them.

Floyd Rose from his kneeling position and approached, firing at the nearby covenant forces to clear the base. After clearing the area, he began walking.

It was a long walk. Hours passed.... Maybe a day. He didn't know anymore. But eventually he arrived at a Forerunner structure. He slipped inside, the Prometheans waving him past. It confused him.... A lot. But he complied, moving forward. These Prometheans were blue. Like the ones from the library on Requiem. Feeling he could trust them, Floyd continued, steady and confident.

"Definitely his handiwork."

Geist looked at Prizrak, reading the hand signals that his partner gave. "MA5D casings which is Floyd's favorite, too few shots for someone without pinpoint accuracy, and the crater... Nobody else could've survived that. But the casings lead from it. Also, the grunts were behind the elites. They were running. Who else do you know who makes them that scared?"

Prizrak was, apparently, a very good and trained detective. One of his many skills. And while Gunny didn't fully trust Prizrak, he had to agree when he heard the evidence. This was  Floyd's doing. He nodded "alright. Structure is pretty far from here and so is the tower. We will drop you two at the tower and then make our way inside once you drop their shields. Understood?"

The headhunters stood, stepping into the Pelican and waiting. After a short flight, they arrived nearby. Geist called out "we won't need you to come back. We have a vehicle in sight. A lich."

"Lich? That's covenant gear, why do they have it?" Gunny looked out.

"See for yourself."

The covenant had taken the base, the tower and such still online. They seemed to not know what they were standing on.

"We'll be fine. Drop us here."

"You sure? We could drop you on Top-"

"Stealth is what we do. Give us a bit of range. "

Once the Spartans touched the ground, they slowly made their way to the cliff edge. Prizrak laid down with his rifle, readying his shots. The Spartan he was with looked a little jazzed. "My first op.... Tell Me what to do."

Gunny and his team landed outside leaning against the barricades. Waiting for a moment, they turned the corner and fired at their enemies. They quickly advanced, using standard firefight tactics. The front gate didn't exactly have great guards, but Gunny could see the inner gate. More guards, a shield and two turrets. Auto turrets. Self powering. The turrets were their problem. Once they cleared the first area, he held up fist "uh... Hold here!"

Gunny looked down, thinking for a moment. "Shit, uh..... What would Floyd do...? Well two mounted turrets and two auto turrets, plus a whole force..." He looked across his team, noting that both Luna and Sam had precision weapons. Maddison had a shotgun and he held two SMGs and an AR he felt like trying out. "Uh..... DMRs.... Maybe 5 shots to the head for a Promethean soldier? Ok.... I think Maddison has a grenade launcher on her hip, an old model one. Plus her jetpack.... Alright. I think that'll work!"

He looked at his team "Alright here's the plan....Maddison, fly up with your Grenade launcher and hit the auto turrets. Sam and Luna, drop the mounted ones. Mainly the soldiers controlling them. I'll move up the middle and cause some chaos...... Sound good?"

Sam eyed the Spartan III. He thought he knew what was happening. The other two however, didn't. Luna patted his shoulder "solid plan chief. Alright, on your go."

".... Go!"

The plan went decently well, with Sam and Luna immediately hurdling the tall barricade and bracing their weapons on the short ones. Maddison took to the sky, getting to work on the auto turrets. She destroyed one quite quickly, firing a grenade at the other. Just before it impacted, she caught a weak light rifle shot to the shoulder. "Agh fuck! Flight pattern is off, gonna land!"

She began spinning and fell to the ground, landing hard on her chest. Gunny kept moving forward, covering his team and firing at the knights to distract them while Luna helped her wife. Sam advanced with Gunny, tossing a field aid kit to Luna as he went by. Soon enough, the team had cleared the area. And as it was cleared, Gunny ran over to the couple. "Hey, are you ok?! Floyd makes planning look way easier, I'm sorr-"

Maddison shook her head, holding up a hand. "Relax sir. I'm fine, minor burns on my shoulder Is all. It was a functional plan, that's all that counts."

While the team regrouped, the shield dropped. Maddison took point "form up ok me I guess, let's head inside."

Sam leaned over his shoulder while they walked, whispering to Gunny. "Floyd has decades of experience. Don't beat yourself up because you aren't him, learn to be him and learn from that mistake."

Gunny thought for a moment, thinking about what he did wrong. Thinking about the situation, he didn't account for his enemy's capability. That and he realized he had no backup plan for something like that happening. Probably plenty more he missed too, but his mind was cut short when they entered a room with 4 platforms. All led from inside the base to a teleporter. On one side... Nothing. On the next side, them. On the final, appeared a familiar figure. Gunny raised his arm as they ran toward the Spartan. "Command this is Gunny, we have eyes on the Master Chief. In pursuit to engage!"

Prizrak stood in the center of the destroyed facility, just thinking for a moment. Centering himself. He slid his rifle on his back, listening in when he comms flared up. Hearing his orders, he nodded to himself and looked at geist.

Geist nodded "alright boss, where to next? New orders or regr-"

A bullet flew through Geist's visor, blood splattering from the open wound as it left the other side of his helmet. And in the hand of Prizrak, a smoking gun. He set the Magnum back on his side, checking his pockets for the Armor Restraints quickly. Then he walked over to the Lich, and hopped in.....