𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖨𝖵𝖤

chapter five:hospital call
1.02, two born, two bitten

     Valerie rushes through the hospital doors. As soon as she had gotten the "Garrett's okay" call, she immediately knew she to get there and be there for her best friend... and her twin.
     Valerie and Luna had met up outside of the hospital while Harlan went in to talk to the person at the desk. "Briggs. Garret Briggs. He should be here by now." Harlan says, his attention on the nurse. He was tense.
     Valerie places her hand on his back, rubbing slightly in a soothing way. And it does help. It helps a lot. But it didn't take away all of the stress. The trio slowly start to look around and see all of the fire patients.
     Harlan turns back to Valerie, her mind moving at a million thoughts a minute. She was over thinking, and about to go into self destruct mode. But Harlan stops her, placing his hand on her back, trying to calm her. Valerie moved her eyes and looks at Harlan, staring into his eyes.
     Harlan's hand slips down Valerie's back, taking her hand in his. Valerie takes a deep breath. It was like they were talking with their eyes. Valerie steadily calms herself, before turning to Luna to make sure she was alright.
     Luna catches Valerie's gaze, giving her a tight lipped smile. Not really knowing what to say. Though none of them knew what to say. They just knew that they were glad each other were safe, and hopefully now Garrett.

◂❛ʚ✿ɞ❜▸

The three had moved to sit down, waiting for Garrett to arrive. Valerie hadn't tried to move her hand from Harlan's, as well as Luna drawing a couple doodles on Valerie's hand with a pink highlighter.
Luna was the first to stand when hearing and seeing all the commotion. Someone on a stretcher coming in, with the one lady from the other night by the side. And that's when Valerie knew it was Garrett.
Luna lets go of Valerie's hand — her hand floating towards her side — while Luna walks over to the stretcher. Going to the other side of the woman. Only letting go of Garret when she had to.
Valerie had gotten Harlan to move, walking closer to Luna as they watched Garrett get taken back. The doors closing in front of them, the glass being the only way they can continue watching.
"Harlan and Elizabeth Briggs? Valerie Mills?" An officer asks, him and a couple other officers walking over to them. The three turn to them, "It's Luna." She corrects him.
"We're going to need the three of you to come with us to answer a few questions." The officer states. Harlan suppresses an eye roll. "They just brought our dad in." He tells them.
"We know." The officer nods, "We stole got questions." He tells them, looking between the three. The officers eyes slowly trail down to Harlan and Valerie's hands.
Valerie drops his hand, her cheeks turning red. Harlan hides a smirk as he watches her look around nervously. She wasn't embarrassed of him, only that she was nervous being with him, and maybe scared of the cops in front of them.
That kinda annoyed him, especially cause he couldn't do anything about them. The three look between each other, Luna somewhat smiling at the blush on Valerie's cheeks.

SAMANTHAS CORNER

That's the end of this chapter! I know it's kinda short, but the next chapter will be longer! And I'm also really sorry I stopped updating this book, but I'm getting back to be motivated to write it, so be prepared for more chapters coming soon.

I hope you guys all had an amazing day or night, or that it gets better. That's all for now, bye my lovelies!