𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱

chapter four: partial lie
1.02, two born, two bitten

     Valerie sat on the phone with Luna, talking about last night, hearing footsteps, Valerie picked up her phone, turning off the speaker and placing her phone to her ear, "Yeah, no of course I can come over." Valerie says, "Wait, what?" Luna asks, "Just let me ask my parents." Valerie says, "Ohhhh. Your parents walked into the room."
     Valerie nods, "Yep." Valerie stands up off the couch, walking into the kitchen, where her mom had ventured to, "Hey mom, can I go to Luna's?" Valerie asks, "Yeah, sure honey. But remember, curfew is 1." Caroline reminds her daughter, "And if you want to get back in your fathers good graces, be here early." Caroline says, looking up at her daughter from cutting up the celery.
     Valerie smiles, "Ok, thanks mom." Jogging up the stairs, "Hey, um... I wanted to apologize, for last night." Luna speaks up, "No, it's ok." Valerie tells her friend. "No." Luna shakes her head, "No it's not. If Harlan hadn't of stepped in, I would've made you cry." Luna says, her voice cracking.
     Luna had never been a reason Valerie had cried, she always been the one to make her smile again, but last night, that was a close one. "Luna. I'm fine, it's okay." Valerie tells her best, smiling slightly.
     Luna smiles softly, "Are you sure?" Luna asks, Valerie nods, and then quickly replies, "Yes. Now quit apologizing." Valerie tells her, walking into her closet to to at least put on sweat pants. Pulling out a pair black leggings with flares, Valerie changes into them, leaving her black cropped tank top, Valerie grabs the jacket Luna and her trade all the time. It was a light blue zip up jacket.
     Valerie backs up, to look into her floor length mirror, she smiles at her reflection. Jogging down the steps, she hears the door bell ring, "Bye mom!" Valerie yells to her mom, "Bye Sweetie!" She yells back. "Alright, I'm heading over, I'll talk to you when I get there." Valerie says, speaking to Luna, "Bye." Luna says, sadly.
     Valerie smiles sadly, she hated knowing her best friend was sad. All because of the fire.
     Sighing, Valerie places her phone in her pocket, and heads for her car. Unlocking the black car, Valerie climbs in, quickly buckling up, she backs out of her driveway and heads to the Briggs residence.

◂❛ʚ✿ɞ❜▸

     Once at the Briggs doorstep, Valerie knocks on the door, "I've got it." She hears Harlan's voice say faintly, and the door opens, "Oh, hey. Luna, Val's here." Harlan says, letting Valerie in while calling back to his sister.
     Luna turns the corner, seeing her best friend, she barrels down the hallway, her body slamming against Valerie as the latter is pulled in for a hug. A hug that Luna needed. Harlan admired the two, Lunas eyes were shut as she buried her head into the crook of Valerie's neck, while Valerie held her.
     "I'm so glad you're here." Luna whispers, Valerie smiles sadly, feeling an overwhelming feeling of sadness wash over her, she hugs Luna even tighter. "Come on. Lets go sit down. And we can talk." Valerie mutters, Luna nods, leaning off of Valerie.
     Lunas haired had called in her face as her cheeks looked puffy, when she stared at her best friend, Valerie pushes the girls hair back, "Come on." Valerie tells her, urging her to sit down.
     Luna leads the way into the living room, Valerie and Harlan following after her. Harlan heads for the kitchen, while Luna sits closer to the end of the couch, letting Valerie take one of the sides, or the middle. Valerie takes a seat, not in the middle, but not on the edge. Turning on the tv, all that was on was the NEWS,
     "53 homes have been confirmed destroyed in the Arroyo Canyon Fire. 18 people are now officially reported missing. Several are confirmed to be fire fighters, as well as one park ranger." The News reporter says, Harlan walks closer to the tv, while
Luna leans her head on Valerie's shoulder.
     The two twins share a look, "With the blaze still only %15 contained." The News reporter continues, blocking out the rest, Valerie looks up at Harlan, feeling the sudden overwhelming feeling of being sad, "Are you okay?" Valerie mouths, Harlan just nods.
     Valerie tilts her head, not believing the male werewolf, patting the couch behind her, she gets him to sit down behind her. Leaning back, Valerie lays her head on Harlan's shoulder, her back coming flush against his chest, Luna moving with Valerie.

◂❛ʚ✿ɞ❜▸

Valerie had left the Briggs house, though she had a moment with Harlan before she left. Her mom had called her, saying someone was there to talk to her. When she left, it was like every other time she'd left, the Briggs house, the bidding their normal goodbyes, except Harlan kissed Valerie on the cheek, muttering a quick, "be safe"
And half the time Harlan wouldn't even hug her. Though Valerie had been feeling more and more attracted to Harlan, since the night he stood up to Luna for her. Harlan felt more of a pull to Valerie than normal, there was always this pull to her, but now his body begs for the physical touch that he used to go for weeks without, now he can barely last twelve hours.
Harlan was headed for the gym, to distract himself, from the wanting of Valerie, and the whole wild fire that Garrett was lost in, and lets not forget the newly turned werewolves.
Valerie had finally made it home, walking up her own door step, she opened the door cautiously. There was a new car in the driveway. "Mom?" Valerie calls, "In here sweetheart!" Caroline calls back to her daughter.
Valerie shuts the door behind her, walking into their sitting room, Valerie is greeted by a new face. "Good afternoon Valerie." The woman says, "I'm Kristian Ramsey, a investigator with the LAFD." The woman says.
Valerie smiles at the woman who walks around the small couch, out stretching her hand to Valerie to shake. Valerie hesitantly shakes Kristians hand, "It's nice to meet you."  Valerie tells the woman, "You too, but I need to ask you some questions." Kristian tells her.
Valerie nods, taking a seat next to her mother, Kristian sits on the other love seat, that sat across from the one the mother and daughter sat, a coffee table sat in between them. "So, where did you sneak off to last night?" Kristian asks,
"To talk to my friend." Valerie tells her, "And you had to sneak out because of it?" Kristian asks, Valerie glances back at her mom,
"Yeah, my friend, Luna, she wanted me to meet her in the forest, where her dad, the missing rangers, truck was. And I know my mom, or my dad would't have aloud me to, if I had told them the truth." Valerie tells Kristian honestly, well kinda, that did happen, except she wasn't actually there. She was told about it though.
"Why wouldn't she have let you go?" Kristian asks, leaning up and looking at Valerie, "It was pretty far into the forest. And I couldn't let her brother, Harlan, deal with his sister on his own, because she was on the edge of a mental breakdown." Valerie tells the investigator.
Kristian nods, "Can I have Luna's number?" Valerie nods, "Yeah, I just need something to write on." Valerie says, "There's a notebook in my office." Caroline tells her daughter, Valerie smiles at her mom, thanking her, she gets up and heads towards Caroline's office.
As soon as the door is shut, Valerie turns the lock, and pulls out her phone, 911!! She quickly goes to the note named 911 that she had shared with Luna, and typed up what just happened, and making sure to tell her to tell Harlan as well, because Valerie had added him in the story as well.
The notes thing was something the two girls had picked up on because Harlan and Garrett used to read Luna's texts, so they came up with the note thing, and the police wouldn't be notified if she was working in her notes, so it was a win-win.
Turning off her phone, and returning it to her pocket, Valerie quickly writes down Luna's number, going back to add Luna's name at the top, so Kristian would know who she'd be calling, but really, it was just the Briggs house phone, so Kristian wont actually have Luna's number.
Valerie rips off a piece of the paper, and exits Caroline's office, shutting the door behind her, and walking back to the sitting room, handing Kristian the paper, "Thank you." Kristian says, smiling at the girl, "Alright, I'll get out of your guys hair, and let you get back to you're afternoon." Kristian says, standing to her feet, "Let me show you out." Caroline says, standing off of the couch.

SAMANTHAS CORNER

OMG, guys, they shut down soap2day! Where am I going to get the episodes from! (I'll probably just find a transcript, I'm just being dramatic)

Anyways, bye my lovelies!