𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖶𝖮

chapter two: whimpers
1.01, from a spark to a flame

"Valerie!" The girl in question's worried mother calls out for her, "Val!" Her father calls out. "I'm in my room!" Valerie calls back, and thankful that she had changed her clothes. She was wearing light washed jeans, that had rips on her left leg, and only one rip at the knee. Which she was glad about, so her parents couldn't see the bandage on her left thigh.
Her double doors to her room are swung open and Caroline and Michael Mills are walking into their daughters room. "We heard what happened." Caroline says, walking up to her daughter, holding Valerie's face in her hands, and quickly pulling her into a hug.
"Are you okay?" Michael asks his daughter, "I'm fine dad." She tells him, "We're gonna sue the damn school." Michael says, frustrated that his daughter was in danger. "No." Valerie says, shaking her head, pulling out of the hug with her mom. "I'm fine." She tells them." Michael looks his daughter all over, "Are you sure, Val?" Michael asks.
"Yes, dad. I'm okay." Valerie says, getting pulled into a hug. "Ok, fine. Since you are perfectly fine, from what you're telling us, we won't sue the school." Michael says, looking down at his daughter. "Thank you." Valerie whispers, pulling her dad back in for a hug.
"Okay, we'll leave you for to get some rest, seeing as you've already had dinner." Michael says, Valerie nods, "Yea, thank you." Valerie says, a smile on her face.

◂❛ʚ✿ɞ❜▸

Valerie laid on her bed, her phone was on TikTok as she scrolled through the app. And then her phone rings, and it pops up with a no caller ID, pushing the hang up button, she goes back to the video, only to get the call again.
Valerie once again hangs up and leaves TikTok and goes onto a game, only to get a call again, sighing, Valerie finally picks up the phone.
"Hi!" She says, her same bubbly voice that she always has. "Get out of that house! You're not safe. She's coming for you." A distorted male voice says, "W-What?" Valerie questions, confused. "Leave! Now." The voice says again, the male hangs up the phone.
Valerie goes back to her game, soda sort. But then she heard her doorbell, getting to her feet, she sticks her ear to the door, listening for the voice. But she couldn't, putting all her effort into it, she begins to hear the voices, as they slowly get louder, but they weren't even close to her.
"Hi." She hears a woman's voice, that wasn't her mothers. "Hello. What do you need?" Michael asks, "I just have a few questions. For you two and your daughter." The woman says. "Alright, come on in." Caroline says, "Thank you." The woman tells her. "Do I need to go get Valerie?" Michael asks, "No." the woman says, "Let me talk to you two first." The woman says.
Valerie's eyes were wide as she heard the voices, backing away from the door, and quickly and quietly walks over to her closet, picking out her converse, she quickly pulls them on and ties them.
Not bothering for a jacket, Valerie climbs out her window, climbing onto her roof and then holding onto the tree and sneaking down the tree. Making her way into the empty road, she looks to her right to see woods. Her house was the last one on the street. Turning to her left, she takes off running.

◂❛ʚ✿ɞ❜▸

Valerie had made it to her destination, she had made sure to stop sharing her location with her parents and shared it with one of her only actual friends, Luna Briggs.
Making her way into the small clearing, there sat a creek, where a willow tree stood dangling over the creek. Valerie smiles. It was her safe place. A place where her parents brought her every summer. But that stopped when she was 13 and they started going on business trips, which she'd joined up until she hit 15, and her parents let her stay home alone.
Sighing, Valerie sits down on a rock, the very same place her father had taught her how to fish. She felt at peace as she stared at the water. Lights were strung from tree to tree, something her parents and her did the summer she was 12. When they couldn't make it to the father daughter dance, so they did it here. And had the time of their lives.
Valerie chuckles weakly, looking down at the rock she was sat on. Tears welling in her eyes. Shaking her head, she wipes the tears away. She needs to get out of this place. Standing up and turning on her heel, she begins to leave, but something caught her eye.
Turning back on her heels, she makes her way over to one of the trees that had something engraved into it. Mills. Something they'd done their last year coming here. When she was 12.
Valerie winces as she hears something, turning around she looks back, Valerie brings her hands up to her ears as they ring. "Ahh." She says as they slowly stop ringing. Standing straight, her eyes roll into the back of her head. And before she knew it, she was turning and running deeper into the woods.

◂❛ʚ✿ɞ❜▸

Running into a clearing, she sees four other people, slowing down she comes to a stop, "Luna?" A boy asks, "Everett?" Luna asks. "They're the twins from school, Harlan and Luna." Everett says, telling Blake about it.
"What are you doing out here?" Harlan asks, him and Luna coming to a stop. "Val?" Luna asks, seeing Valerie out of the corner of her eye. "Hey." Valerie says, waving to Luna, as she leans up.
"What are you doing out here?" Blake retorts. Valerie notices Harlan and Lunas eyes glowing, turning to look at Blake and Everett, their eyes were also glowing. "You seeing this?" Harlan asks, turning to his twin sister. "Yeah." Luna nods.
"Your eyes are glowing." Everett says, "So are yours." Valerie tells him. "This never happens to us." Harlan says, their eyes slowly fading and turning back to their normal colors, "What never happens?" Valerie asks.
"Any of this." Harlan says, looking between the three. "But it's happening now." Luna states. "What? What's happening?" Blake questions. "Shut up." Harlan says harshly to his sister, "Be nice to Luna." Valerie tells him, only to get a glare, that scares her, "I'm sorry." She basically whimpers. She hated anything to do with people being mad at her. Harlan's eyes soften.
"Tell us." Everett says, "We don't know them." Harlan says, turning back to his sister, "We both know Valerie." Luna tells her brother, "Why is this happening?" Everett asks.
Luna shakes her head, "Because we're all here. All together. Under the moon." Luna says, and everyone looks up at the moon, "Something bit you." Luna states. "Don't say it." Blake denies, shaking her head. "You're like us now." Luna tells them. "Don't." Blake tells her, still shaking her head. "Just like us." Luna says, shaking her head slightly.
Everett looks over to Blake and Valerie, but Valerie still had her eyes on Luna. "Also, why would you share your location with me and then not answer?" Luna asks, turning to Valerie. "I'm sorry." Valerie whimpers, "No! You can't just do that." Luna says, "Luna, back off." Harlan growls.
Harlan moves from his spot beside Luna to Valerie, walking slowly as to not startle her, she looks up slowly as he is just inches away, slamming her body into his in a hug. "It's ok." He tells her, rubbing her back.
Everett was still thinking back to the whole thing that Luna said before scaring Valerie. "Werewolves." He says, Blake looking over at Valerie and Harlan, who were still wrapped in each others arms, and then over at Luna, who had ventured closer to her brother and friend.

Samantha's corner

So that's the end of chapter one and episode one, I hope you all enjoyed it!

Also Valerie is a very sensitive person, and very soft. I don't know if that'll change or not. I just really like that because it's kinda like a sunshine x grumpy thing with Harlan and Valerie. But also like sensitive girlfriend x don't give a fuck boyfriend.

Bye my lovelies, I hope you are all having an incredible day.