|•CHAPTER 12•|

CHAPTER 12

AUTHOR 'S POV

Sometimes life can be extremely unfair and sometimes be so generous to us! But was it really life being unfair and generous?

And right now Swathi did not know why but sitting just a chair away from someone she loved so dearly made her feel like life was unfair!

The lady in front of her had a hard time trying to avoid meeting swathi's eyes! Swathi wanted to laugh out loud at the irony!

Her son who made her life miserable was able to meet his eyes and this lady who did nothing except being there for her did not have the guts to meet her eyes!

Meena! The world knew her as the business man Karthik's proud mother but Swathi knew her as someone else .

Swathi knew her has a generous and kind woman that she was. Swathi knew her as the woman who stood against her son to save her!

Of course who even actually accepts an orphan , who had no background and no one to be called hers ~ to be his son's bride?

Meena did!

"I don't know where to start!" Meena whispered yet loud enough to be heard by Swathi.

The mansion's empty hall! The pure white curtains danced as the gentle breeze hits! It was nothing like their home where he ,she and meena lived!

"Years toghter i had planned! I had planned how to great you when i finally meet you ! When i finally breath the same air as yours but...but right now you are this close to me yet i feel so distant and i don't even know what to talk!" Meena said as her hands held swathi's hands

Swathi looked at meena! Swathi was ready to answer any questions! She had no fault , she had literally done anything wrong! She wanted to shout to the world that she was innocent and had no wrong doing as her husband claimed but looking at the lady infront of her ready to break down into tears wanted Swathi to be patient

"But i want to dear! I want to ask you so many questions but how Imma supposed to ask? ' how did you survive after my son kicked you out from home?' how can I?" Meena asked this time when meena spoke there was no tears but still plain concern,rage and guilt

Swathi inhaled some oxygen and looked at her once mother in law!

"Maa! I am glad you know i am innocent! Your someone who saw me at my worst an ...and i survived ma! I did it! I am finally free" Swathi told and the hall fell in silence

"Blood, scars and tears! This is how dhruva and others found me! It was so generous of them to accept me as one among them and love me !" Swathi told

"I am free Ma! I..am" Swathi told as tears rushed down her eyes

"Karthik knows the truth! The divorce papers doesn't exist Swathi!" Meena told almost like breaking the Buble of Swathi in which she changed she was free

Swathi looked shocked with the piece of information! She remembers Karthik told her that divorce papers did not exist but the truth! Swathi knew he was back cause he knew something but her heart swelled up with happiness knowing finally he knew she was innocent.

"Ho...how is Smita?" Swathi mumbled

"No idea! The last time I saw you in Chennai was the last time I saw her!" Meena answered.

The hall fell in silence untill Karthik decided to walk in!
His shoe heels hitting the marble floor was so clear enough to be heard in the silent hall.

He looked at the ladies! His heart ached at the familiar pain!
How long had it been since he saw his mother and wife toghter in a house?

He walked upstairs to his room wanting to grab a file while the ladies eyes were still on him!

Just like old times ! Still was how it was!

•••••••••••••••

A few more minutes passed and Karthik sat in his bed ,his legs shivering.

The fact that someone he had searched for years was finally sitting down in his house and that someone was is his wife who he once loved dearly!

Sighing he walked to his closest,when he heard someone knocking his door

"Come in" he yelled still in the closet.

The click sound of the door opening was heard and Swathi walked in!

Her eyes looked around for him and hear tiny noise from the closet!

She stood awarkwardly in her own husband's room looking around.

The pure while walls and dark grey bedspread ! The huge potrait of himself above the bed and his nightstand having his most expensive watches laying .

Swathi could not help but chuckle as the memory of how being irresponsible about expensive things were a part of a arguments in their life back then.

Karthik walked outside his closet with a file in his hand! The marron coat he had wore was lost and he just in his white shirt and black pant!

"Swathi?"he called looking at her standing there in the entrance of his room!

"I...I actually wanna ask you something!" Swathi told , curiosity knew in Karthik as he waited for her to continue

"I want the thoese papers back!" Swathi announced just when Karthik 's phone rang

"I will call you later! " He ended the call immediately and looked at swathi

"Sorry what?" He asked

"Divorce paper!" She told once again
And this time it was not like 5 years ago! She did feel something but that painful compared to the past .

"Bring it to the office tomorrow!" She told and started walking,and just four huge steps Karthik reached her

Grabbed her wrist gently making her stop in her tracks !

"Please! One last chance? Please please?" He begged and that's how Swathi saw herself in him!

The same 5years ago Swathi who begged the same way to stay in life and now it was him who begged for her to stay!

"I moved on!" She whispered or nah it was just her voice which came out so low causing she was lying

"I don't wanna go through that once again! It's go hard i can't even imagine living the way I lived with you!" Her each words slapped Karthik, her eyes did not flow with tears yet they had sadness and pain!

It was his fault! He agreed! He was a Bastard back then he was ready to beg for her.

Breaking his thoughts he looked around his room and it took him a minute to understand that Swathi had already left!

******************************
GUYS! DO COMMENT NAH PLESHH🥲

HII GUYS!! HOW WAS THE CHAPTER ☺

DO VOTE, COMMENT ,FOLLOW AND SUPPORT 🐧

HAPPY READING 🥀