𝟏𝟏 ✫ 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐬

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐑𝐀𝐍, the colder it became

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐑𝐀𝐍, the colder it became. Even though the snow did not get any thicker, it wasn't hard for Sage to make out that the cornucopia was stationed smack in the center of the arena, making it probably the warmest spot in the whole place with the sun shining down on it. It will definitely be the go to spot to camp out, meaning it will definitely cause more brawls and deaths as the tributes will seek any kind of warmth they can receive.

Nine canons went off since the two fled the cornucopia, signaling a fallen tributes. Nine tributes, dead. The thought was enough to send a chill down Sage's spine.

Both Sage and Lorcan continued to run for what felt like hours, but couldn't be more than twenty minutes and despite the fact that it slowed them down a bit, Sage made sure she was covering their tracks. Her breathing was labored and she felt her side burning from never taking a break, but she didn't care. She just kept going, her legs burning and her face and fingers frozen from the low temperature.

She knew she could go on for another twenty minutes, but the same couldn't be said for Lorcan, who finally allowed his tired body to take over and he toppled forward, the bags and silver case breaking his fall. Sage immediately went to his side, panic filling her chest.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

Lorcan was heaving heavy breaths, shaking his head as he turned around, so he was facing her, but was unable to stand. "No. I just... I can't run anymore. I need a break."

Despite her heavy breathing, Sage sighed, dropping the bags from her shoulder and stepped away, surveying her surroundings. In the far distances, she could see mountains beyond the pine trees, outstretching nearly the entire North area of the arena. She couldn't see that far South, so she was unaware if there were more mountains.

They were literally dropped in the middle of a freaking winter wonderland, except there isn't anything 'wonder' about this whole situation.

Taking a minute to make sure they were in the clear, for now, she finally nodded her head and turned back to the blond male. "Alright. Let's take a break, get a look at what we managed to grab and then maybe start working on a fire so we can start boiling some snow."

Lorcan seemed very relieved and then set the machete to the ground and dragged the two bags over in front of him, opening the one red backpack and started pulling out contents. Sage did the same, making sure to keep her sickle sword close, but started digging through the first bag and then the second.

Once everything was out in the open, they examined what they had to work with and Sage has to admit, they did pretty damn good in their haul. They ended up with two thick ropes, a small but easily put together tent, a pack of matches, and two canteens that came from separate bags. One bag, the lightest one they had, had a much larger jacket than the one they were given, cotton gloves and a thick, thermal pair of socks. Unfortunately, there was one of each, so the two were going to end up sharing, and Sage can already tell there is going to be a fight about who gets what, but not in a way anyone else would think.