𝟏 ✫ 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

    𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐒 what happens to the families of the victors once they pass on

𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐒 what happens to the families of the victors once they pass on. It's either because the Capitol tends to keep it quiet or there are no families left to worry about. A lot of victor's choose not to marry or have children, mostly from their gut wrenching trauma and undying fear that one day they would be forced to watch their children be reaped into the Hunger Games.

For eight year old Sage Rowan, there was no hesitation in the aftermath of her mother suicide. The young girl wasn't even able to process what had just happened long enough before the Peacekeepers were throwing her out and locking up the only place she has ever called home in Victor's Village, the only thing she had was a knife she had managed to sneak out with her and the clothes on her back.

Deirdre Rowan had been District 9's Victor of the 51st Annual Hunger Games. She won her games by seducing two different men from different Districts who she had joined an alliance with, making advances on both of them and using her gift of persuasion to her advantage. Both the boys protected her and had gotten her to the final five before she had them turn on each other. Her methods weren't at all kind and were terribly cruel, but she was pretty frail and not that strong. She needed muscle, so she did the only thing she could think of. It wasn't ethical, but it worked.

She had watched as they fought one another brutally, one of them coming out victorious, but severely wounded. Deirdre apologized to him, kissing him on the forehead once before stabbing him in the heart. The boy died in her arms and left her to take the rest of the others, which she nearly died from her injuries but was luckily saved when they airlifted her out of the Arena.

As a victor, Deirdre was either hated or beloved. The people of the Districts hated her with a burning passion. On her Victory Tour, she was screamed at and nearly killed by someone throwing a knife at her head, which turned out to be the mother of one of the boy's she had manipulated. It missed her by a couple inches and Deirdre was rushed out of there before the woman was executed publicly.

Even some of the other victors resented what she did in the games, especially the boys' mentors. The rest thought she was a badass, and had even earned respect from the careers. Even her own father, who was very sick and dying, was a little afraid of her and what she was capable of.

But the Capitol loved her for what she did in that Arena. For her cleverness and strategy and manipulation. It was one of the most exciting games they have ever witnessed at the time. She had become the Capitol's sweetheart and very desirable. It was no secret to Panem that President Snow prostituted her. Despite her mother no longer talking to her, Deirdre still loved her enough to not gamble her life, even if she was already dying.

Deirdre had become seriously depressed and broken after the games, especially from the backlash she received. But when she got pregnant two years later, no one was really surprised when she declared not to have the slightest clue who the father was.