𝟖 ✫ 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐞

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

    𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 just outside the gymnasium sat twenty-four tributes in their usual training attire, anxiously waiting for them to start calling them in one by one for their individual assessment

    𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 just outside the gymnasium sat twenty-four tributes in their usual training attire, anxiously waiting for them to start calling them in one by one for their individual assessment. As usual, they will go in the chronological order of their District, starting with 1 and ending with 12.

    It seemed everyone was on edge because no one was saying a damn word. The silence in the air was thick and eerie while all the tributes sat in nervous anticipation. Not even the Careers spoke, though they do look more reserved than the rest. It wasn't until they called the male tribute from District 3 in is when hushed whispers started and some would stand just to stretch their legs or pace.

    Sage Rowan sat in silence next to her District partner, back leaning against the wall, arms cross and a blank expression. She would occasionally look over at Lorcan, who was hunched over, elbows on knees and head bowed, causing his wild golden locks to fall in front of his face naturally. He has met her gaze twice now, each time he would muster up the best smile he could manage for her, though it always seemed forced.

    It took everything in Sage not to go over there and speak to him. She has to do it soon, she needs to tell him the game plan, whatever that may be. Her decision to make sure he emerges victorious in the arena and her vow to do everything in her power to make sure it happens was a wake up call for the fifteen year old. It gave her a purpose, something to fight for and something she is willing to die for. Someone.

    The need to speak to him is purely strategy. Lorcan needs to know that they are going to be in an alliance together. He needs to know not to run off after the countdown, making her job harder by searching for him. In all honesty, he is not going to have a say in this. It's not like she thinks he will decline working with her. To better his survival, it is the smartest move on his front, given her incredible skills, both physical and survival. Sage's goal to save him and then take herself out in the end is simply a need to know basis.

    It wasn't long before they called in District 4. First Azebel went, her head held high and shoulders back. She is definitely not one to show weakness, given how scared she truly was. If Sage didn't want to clock her for what she said about Lorcan, she might actually admire it. When they called in Lorcan, the male lifted his head first before standing up, looking over shoulder briefly until his eyes met her familiar pair. Sage recognized the worried gleam in his stare and only gave him a brief nod of reassurance, basically wishing him luck without actually voicing the words. He seemed to understand and nodded back once before disappearing behind the double doors.

    Next to her sat Chance, who's leg has been shaking uncontrollably since the moment they arrived. He kept clicking his tongue with the roof of his mouth while also drumming his fingers on his thighs. At first, Sage had tried blocking him out completely, she has done a pretty decent job in ignoring him, not trusting him with anything he might say to use against her with the Careers. She believes he might have formed some kind of alliance with them in exchange for intel on her, though it was a stretch. Sage has less than forty-eight hours before she can know that for sure.