𝟏𝟎 ✫ 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

    𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 heavy footsteps approaching the door just outside her chambers

𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 heavy footsteps approaching the door just outside her chambers. She was nowhere near ready to go to sleep. She doesn't even care that denying herself much needed sleep at a time like this is probably the stupidest decision she could make, but she just couldn't bring herself to shut her eyes and fall into a restless slumber. The sooner she allows herself to slip away, the sooner she will be forced into that arena.

    Sage has never been one to admit when she is scared... but she is scared. All she can think about is everything that could go wrong. She has no idea what the Gamemakers had come up with for this year's arena. She has no idea how she is going to keep Lorcan safe. She has no idea what the hell she is doing in general. She hates not knowing. Not knowing is risky, meaning she can't predict possible outcomes because she doesn't know the surroundings or what she will be subjected to once they enter.

   Sage has always relied on her mind. Her quick, sharp, freaky mind that has gotten her through those years of ridicule and criticism from her mother. It had gotten her through living in poverty with no roof over her head and it has gotten her through the torment of other kids who only did so because of the possibility of who her father might be. She has fought tooth and nail to become as strong and as fast as she is now. This freaky mind she possesses is like her own little superpower. To remember every single little thing down to the last detail. To be able to read people, find their weaknesses and be able to learn new things just from simply observing.

    She loved her mind. She knows because of it, she will be able to think quickly as soon as the launch tube lifts her into the arena and she is able to get a feel for her surroundings. But right now, the unknowing, the fact that anything could be possible in less that eight hours... Well, it was driving her quite literally insane. Part of the reason why she isn't savoring as much sleep as she should be at the moment is because she can't shut her brain off.

    Sage was laying in bed, having grown used to this foam mattress in the short time she has been here, and was staring up at the ceiling. She was clutching onto the familiar green fabric just like she has done every night since Tatyana had saved the dress for her. She was planning on giving it to Walker, asking him if he could give it back to Adrian after everything was over. Holding the dress made her feel closer to Adrian, the girl who she is doing all this for. Sage had never thought she would be sentimental over anything... but she has been surprising herself a lot lately.

    Sage just hopes that Adrian can find some way to grow up and be happy. She hopes she finds someone to love her the way she deserves and will treat her right. She hopes she can design as many clothes as her heart desires and she hopes that she never has to worry about these stupid games ever again. It was wishful thinking, but as long as Adrian is safe, then dying in that arena and getting Lorcan home will be well worth it.