7. Our Next Mission

"You're back. That took quite a long time. Y/N, I'm sure you're aware the soldier inhabiting your quarters, she should be gone in a day or two. As for the both of you, tomorrow morning I what you both sent to Fort Strong which is infected with Super Mutants. Having those aberrations of nature close enough to smell is making me sick to my stomach. To make matters worse, they're sitting on top of a massive stock pile of fat man shells we could use in our campaign. I want you to head over there, wipe out everything that moves, and secure that stockpile. Understood?" The Elder asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Consider it done." I respond a little to quickly and he picks up on my rush of adrenaline.

"Look, I realize your eager to take the fight to the Institute, but it will have to wait. The Brotherhood can not allow those abominations to have a nuclear arsenal at their fingertips."

"It'll be a pleasure to exterminate that mutant filth." Danse says with a sinister smile.

"Understood. Dismissed." Maxson said then saluted.

"Ad Victoriam." Me and Danse said in unison and saluted before turning in to his quarters.

I took a good look around Danse's room, no personal pictures or anything. 'Boy... what a hermit.' "Feel free to take a shower, soldier." Danse stated, there was a tiny station to hold his power armor beside his bed, I never noticed it before. As he stepped out of his armor, I had to stifle a laugh, he wore that ridiculous Brotherhood onesie that really outlined his muscles, but it also outlined his butt and... other parts. "Is something wrong?" He was generally confused, I finally laughed and shook my head.

"Everything's fine, Bubble Butt." He stared at me and his eyes widened, face flushed and realizing what I meant. I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. Taking a good look of everything, I smiled and sighed. 'Oh hell yeah, I am definitely going to enjoy this.' "If I'm not out in 30 minutes, come in and wake me up." I didn't hear a response, but I didn't care. I was more focused on having a hot clean bath for the first time in weeks.

I turned the water on, and not long after, the steam began to fill the room. I slipped out of my clothes from today and slid into the tub. I wanted to melt immediately, but I decided it'd be best to wash now and relax later. I scrubbed the grime off my body, out from under my nails and out of my hair, by then, I was completely exhausted, months of cleaning in 15 minutes. I closed my eyes and leaned back, the water wasn't as hot as it was initially, but still felt amazing. I was almost asleep when a sturdy knock made me jump, stirring the water. "Jesus fuck." I muttered. "What!?"

The door creaked open. "You told me to wake you if you didn't leave in 30. It's been 45."

Shit. I guess he was right, the water wasn't warm anymore. "Fine, I'll be out in a minute." He closed the door and I stood up, grabbing the plug and watched the water drain. I grabbed the towel and began wiping myself down, I reach for my change of clothes and remembered I left it out in the room. "Ugh, hey Danse I-" I reached for the door when it opened automatically, Danse stood in the door frame, holding clothes. They weren't mine though, they were grey, must have been from his closet.

"I saw your clothes. They're dirty. Take these instead..." He trailed off, his eyes left mine and traveled all over my body. I gripped the towel and felt shocks all over my body, I tried to resist, but I trembled slightly as a reaction.

He raised an eyebrow. "I-i'm cold, dumbass. Don't get any stupid ideas inside that noggin of yours!" I hissed and took the clothes, slamming the bathroom door shut. I kept my grip on the door knob for a few minutes longer, letting my heart slow down. 'He's surprised you, so what? You've been greeted by a man while you were naked before, of course you were married but at this point what's the difference? Whatever.' I drop the towel and put on the clothes he got for me, took a deep breath and walked back outside. Danse was by a small couch. Setting up a pillow and blanket. "Ah, is that where I'm sleeping?"