JWS Chapter 4

[A/N Chiara is going to be on holiday so OMGWTFBBQ that means no writing in 2 weeks! HOWEVER. We will try to prewrite some chapters and I'll gradually post them over the next 2 weeks. I hope you ejoy.. enven if we have to write at inhuman speed!]

Chapter 9 - What the fuck was I doing?

Carlisle POV

 The funeral had come to an end, and most of the people were returning home. I was about to go back to Alice's 'grave', until I found 3 of my closest colleagues walking up to me.

"Condolences, Carlisle." They muttered somewhat in unison. I nodded, shaking their hands one by one. "Carlisle we ehm.. we have arranged something for you." Paul said shyly to me. Oh dear mother of God, what could that mean. "We arranged an appointment at the psychologist in Alaska for you." He said, smiling wryly at me. My hand was twitching from trying not to face-palm.

"Well that's not really necessary.." I tried to reason, my fingers fidgeting my sleeve. Paul sighed heavily and shook his head.

"It's OK, Carlisle, you don't need to feel sorry. It was our pleasure really. We know how hard this must be for you." Paul said, patting my shoulder and turning around, leaving. "I will call you later. Good luck!" He shouted before stepping into the taxi that would bring him and his colleagues to the airport. I heard Edward chuckle behind me.

"Not.. funny." I mumbled between gritted teeth. He continued laughing though and told the others how fun it would be for me to go to a psychologist. I sighed in relieve when I saw Jasper carry Alice out of her coffin and place her on the ground, his arm aroung her waist to prevent her from falling over.

Jasper POV

I placed Alice on the ground, still holding her though to prevent her from toppling over. Before I could turn around, she had her arms wrapped firmly around my neck, her fingers tangling with my hair.

"Jazz," She whispered against my chest, "That was so sweet!" She exclaimed, leaning closer to me. Her lips crashed against mine with so much force she almost knocked me over. I responded quickly, and deepened the kiss. I'd been so afraid and scared. But everything seemed to go back to normal for that one minute she kissed me. She seemed so alive and OK I forgot about her condition until I felt her body slowly slipping out of my grasp.

"Alice" I called while slowly scooping her from her feet. "Stay with me baby." I whispered to my pixie, kissing the tip of her nose.

"I think that was a little too much for her, Jasper." Carlisle said, stopping in front of us. The rest of the family followed soon after. "Can I have her to check her for a second?" Carlisle asked. A low growl formed in my chest.

"No." I hissed, holding Alice closer to me, trying to shield her from the intruders. She was mine and no one would have her. I had to protect her and make her feel better. "Don't touch her!" I shouted as Carlisle stuck his arm out to me. I took a step back.

"Jasper? What's going on buddy?" Emmett asked worriedly.

"Don't. Come. Closer." I snarled, baring my teeth. Emmett backed off, looking scared. Renesmee was terrified, hiding behind Bella's hair. Edward was shielding both of them while Carlisle was in front of Esme, protecting her while she looked horror struck. Emmett looked hurt and even Rosalie had a worried look on her face. Only then it dawned on me.

 What the fuck was I doing?

That was my family I was scaring of!