JWS Chapter 3

Jasper POV

Chapter 3 – Then we’ll have to pretend she’s dead.

“Let me trough!” I shouted, trying to push away the people in front of me without hurting them.

“Mister it is strictly for bidden to-”

“I don’t give sh*t! She’s my wife for God’s sake!” A few people gasped In the background. I felt somebody tug my shoulder, and tried to shake them off. For some reason, though, this hand was too strong to shake of. “Hey who do you think you are!” I turned around angrily, facing Edward.

“Jasper. Calm down.” Edward murmured, “What happened?”

“I don’t know. It’s Alice, she’s just, laying there.” My voice sounded weak. “E-Edward, let go of me, let me go to Alice.” I said, trying to get out of his iron grip.

“Jasper, Alice is indestructible, there can’t be anything wrong, can there.”

“Then, tell me Edward,” I said angrily, “Why isn’t she moving?!” I shouted, finally freeing myself from Edward. It was too late, though, the ambulance was leaving. With a stone hard, cold person who hasn’t got a heartbeat. She was going straight to the morgue if I didn’t watch out! I ran trough the snow, keeping an eye on the helicopter Alice was being moved with. I had to be at the hospital faster, though, to warn Carlisle. I ran as fast as I could and held my breath, preparing for what was to come.

“Don’t use your nose.” I whispered to myself, entering the hospital at a human running pace. Only, to my surprise, the blood didn’t affect me. Maybe it was because I was too worried about Alice. I wanted to run trough the hospital, straight to Carlisle’s department, but found him running towards me.

“Jasper, what are you doing here?” He whispered, taking anxious glances around him.

“It’s Alice, there’s something-”

“Jasper, can it wait for later, it’s too dangerous for you to be here! Wait ‘till I’m done working, please?” Carlisle murmured, not convinced. But then he froze, looking at a point behind me. I turned around swiftly, looking at the paramedics who were carrying Alice inside, a few doctors already giving them orders. “Why is Alice causing a scene like that?” Carlisle asked, slightly irritated which was well, a wonder if you’d ask me. “She knows I worry easily!” Carlisle exclaimed, making his way over to the stretcher. I ran after him, looking at my cute pixie. It was scary, really, to see such a powerful creature totally hopeless on a stretcher. “Leave her to me. Go, leave!” The usually calm Carlisle shouted to the other doctors, waving his arms at them. He told me to grab the other side of the stretcher, even though he could easily carry it himself, and led us to an empty corridor, into a small room.

“Guys, what is this?” Carlisle asked as we were finally with three of us. Carlisle looked at Alice, who didn’t respond. “Alice?” He asked, this time worry evident in his voice.

“I don’t know what it is.” I said, stroking a strand of hair out of her face.

“You’re not kidding?” Carlisle asked, looking at Alice. “It isn’t one of your truth or dare games?” He asked sternly.

“No! I swear! She was just laying there!” I shouted frustrated, waving my arms. “Can’t you do anything?”

“As far as I know, vampire’s can’t faint, or get ill. I don’t know what to do, Jasper.” Carlisle mumbled, leaning on the stretcher which gave immediately, causing Alice to fall to the floor. “Oops.” It had effect, though. Alice’ eyes slowly flitted open.

“Alice!” I shouted, kneeling next to her and hugging her.

“Where am I, what happened?” Alice immediately started spacing out, standing up but falling in my arms again.