Ch 11 food on the grave

Phil placed a picnic blanket right next to his parent's grave. He sat down next to it. "It's been a long time since I last visited; I'm sorry, ma, pa, I've been very busy," he sighs. "It's a good kind of  busy; everything has been great; there are no problems in the country, and everyone else seems to be getting along,....well, getting along for now." 

He plucked the grass that was slowly starting to cover the gravestones. "Ma, I went home to our house yesterday; I cleaned it, and guess what?! I found your necklace! It was under the floor, it was shining, so I got curious, and then I found it!" He took the necklace from his pocket; it shone in the sunlight. "I've been cleaning  that house for decades now; I can't understand why I still keep finding these; how much jewelry do you have?!" He puts the necklace down. 

He took out the food from the basket and placed it down in front of the gravestones. "Hey pa?, I still don't understand why it's tradition to leave food for the dead; it's not like they can't eat it anyways," he says as he puts down some beer and bico. "I think the cemetery keepers just eat them, but oh well. At least they can eat," he said as he placed them on the ground, he noticed that they felt soft. 

"Did somebody dig on the ground?" He asked. For a moment, he thought that someone might have dug up the graves, but he pushed that thought away when he remembered that angels and demons were guarding the place. It would be impossible for someone with that intention to even get into the cemetery.

 A faint knock took him out of his thoughts.  An angel stood in the doorway. Phil sighed; it was time to go. He said goodbye to his parents. He went to the angel, who offered his hand and gave him a small smile. Phil smiled and took the angel's hand. A warm light engulfed him, and the next thing he knew, he was back outside, right next to his car.

 He sighed; his visit had been cut short. The guardians have been doing it lately, putting time limits on the visits. Back then, they used to let the visitors stay for as long as they wanted, but now... Phil shook his head; he knew there was a reason why they were doing it, and he shouldn't question the decisions they make. 

He couldn't help but feel like they were hiding something. Phil shook his head; that would be a thought for another time. Right now, he just wanted to go home. He would visit his brothers some other day.