CH6. TEARS WITH LOVE

I never actually understood why love was so important to people, love was something confusing for me. I never understood why people would throw away everything in pursuit of it, and lose everything they have all for love.

I used to hate the idea of love, for me falling in love was a gamble where you could win or lose, and I didn't wanna take that risk. I've seen a lot of people fall in love, but the majority of the relationships never ended well.

But love was always on my mind, it was interesting as not many people know what love is as a whole, some say that love is the key to happiness while others say that it is simply just a chemical reaction in the human brain.

I always believed that love was stupid, that it was unnecessary, but I was wrong, I felt so stupid when I saw her for the first time.

I remember it like it was yesterday. The date was June 24, I and my father were in the mountains visiting some relatives of mine, I was 14 at the time, and at some point, I got bored and left the house we were staying at.

I took a walk around the village by myself, adventure! I thought to myself. I kept walking slightly getting more bored with every second, then I heard barking. I looked behind me and found a huge dog, it was very cute in my opinion. I tried petting it but I ran away, "hey! Come back!" It ran after the dog.

I kept running and running until I got tired, I stopped to catch my breath, took a look around me, and realized that I was in the forest, I panicked not knowing how I got there and how to get home. I cried, then I saw my love — Perla, even at such a young age she was already so mesmerizing, It felt unreal like I was staring at a fairy.

She offered me her hand and asked what was wrong when I told her that I was lost she didn't laugh, instead, she gave me a genuine smile filled with care and offered to help me get home.

I trusted her and she took me by the hand leading me out of the forest.

we've been together ever since then.

Growing up, she was always by my side helping me through everything, she was always by my side, I could always count on her no matter what. I made sure to give back more than she gave me,

let her know that I was grateful and that she could also count on me no matter what.

my wife Perla, I love her very much, I'm happy being with her and I would do everything for her.

At first, things didn't go so well.....

There was nothing wrong with our relationship, it was the people's eyes that brought problems.

With my status as a country master, I was expected to lead with respect, and take care of my people, my country, and my culture.

My relationship with Perla was considered disrespectful to our culture by the elders, especially with her reputation.

Perla was different from the other women in my day, while the women would stay at home learning how to sew and cook food training to be great wives for their future husbands, Perla was out in the woods kneeling on the dirt looking for caterpillars.

other women would be at home patiently waiting for their husbands praying for their safe return from the frontlines, but Perla would fearlessly walk into the military base, yell my name at the top of her lungs in front of all the other generals with no shame, all because I left my lunch at home.

She also broke a lot of rules and taboos which angered the elders, like wearing pants when it was only for men, and some even worse than that.

She a trouble maker but I love her anyways

Years passed by and we got married, eventually having our own family.

After all, old people have little to no power over the leader.

We were happy, we had 3 sons that were very proud of, the oldest was Del, he was sweet and caring but he kept to himself and was quite hard to read. the second oldest— Martial, however, was very expressive, he never hesitated to show his emotions when it comes to things he didn't like, he mostly shows negative emotions, keeping the positive ones to himself. Our youngest, our little sunshine – Philipinnes, was like a little ball of sunshine, like his older brother Del, he was very sweet and caring but he was the opposite of his other brother- Martial. he was also very expressive but he always kept the negative emotions to himself only showing the positive ones, it was concerning.

But I knew that everything was going to be fine as long as we were there.

As long as I were there.....

I was always there for them.........

I loved being there for all of them...... being able to be with them in every single moment........

Though, there is one moment that I wished I wasn't a part of........

........

But if I wasn't I wouldn't be able to see her go..................

There she was standing outside of our door, she had just come back from teaching the children in the village. She had a worried and panicked look on her face I wanted to ask her what was wrong so I stood up from my seat but before I could get closer a gunshot was heard.

I stood there frozen, watching her as she slowly fell to the floor, the sight of blood woke me from my trance, and immediately I ran to the table and grabbed my gun.

I ran outside gun in my hand,

I saw a Spaniard running away, the stupid excuse of an assassin. " put*ngina! Get back here! " I yelled. I ran after the assassin and Cornerd him on a cliff.

"paalam, p*tangina"

( goodbye, motherf*cker)

I shot him and he fell from the cliff directly falling into the ocean. There are sharp rocks at the bottom, if the bullet didn't kill him then he's not going to survive that fall.

I sat down and took a deep breath, calming myself down. I wanna go home, I thought to myself. I got up and dusted my pants, I took another deep breath and started heading home. Just as I was about to leave my body froze, I remembered the reason why I was out in the first place,

why I was chasing that assassin, I was so blinded by rage that I had forgotten the most important thing.

"Perla! "

Adrenalin picked up and I started running as fast as my body could take me, out of the woods and back home to my love.

But I didn't make it on time.........

It was too late, sometimes I wish that I wasn't there when she died, I wished I wasn't at the funeral... Maybe, just maybe... That would lessen the pain in my heart.....

But I'm glad that I was there..... It wasn't a good moment, but I'm glad that I was there when she left, that I was there for her... Until the very end

I miss her so much.....

Every day I long for her love, her presence.

.

...

..

But now, there's no reason for that anymore.

After so many years the gods have finally heard my prayers and given back the one I longed for.

I stood still, hands shaking, tears falling from my eyes. I stared at her, Perla my beloved who I lost so long ago, is standing in front of me with a sweet smile on her face.

I ran into her arms, I hug her tight, my love who I missed so much, Im never letting go of you.

She hugged me tight and patted my back, I cried even harder, I can feel the other countries staring at my back but I don't care.

"shush.... It's okay, I'm here now.... I'm sorry for leaving you, I'm here now, and I'm never leaving you again.... I love you darling....."