Relationships Bloom

"What?" I asked quietly, clearly shocked from this new information.

"Honey, I asked you about dating again last week because I wanted to go on a date with Tim."

There was a silence as she waited for me to respond.

"Okay." I said as I very slowly descended the stairs until I got to the bottom. I walked up to Tim and stuck my hand out for a hand shake. "Hello, I'm Jordan."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Jordan." He said as he shook my hand and let go after a second. He seemed to have a professional handshake. "Your mom has told me so much about you." He said with a smile. "All good things of course."

"Yeah, I would like to think so..."

"Okay, honey, I know it's short notice, but we were going to go out tonight. Are you alright to fix your own dinner?" She asked as she began walking in the kitchen with Tim and I at her heels.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I might have Tristan bring me something."

"Okay, just text me if you need anything." She says before kissing my forehead. "See you later." She waves as she walks out the door with Tim.

The house was silent as I heard his car drive away.

I went back upstairs to grab my phone and call Tristan. The phone rang and went to voicemail, so I hung up and texted him.

'Hey so I called you and it went to voicemail. I'm hungry and my mom is not home so can you pick up some dinner and bring it over?' - Jordan

I did some homework for about a half an hour and he still did not respond, so I decided that I could walk to a food place. Better yet, I could text Mason. He might want to hang out for dinner.

'Hey Mason. So my mom is gone and I don't have dinner. Do you want to walk with me somewhere?' - Jordan

Two minutes later, I heard my phone buzz.

'You can just come over for dinner. We are just about to eat and my dad always makes extra tacos.' - Mason

I though about it for a minute. I really didn't want to intrude a family dinner. But then again, he asked me to join them. Well... Why not?

'That sounds great. I will be over in a minute.' - Jordan

I quickly put my shoes on and fixed my hair before walking over to his house. I quietly knocked on the door and the door immediately burst open to reveal a smiling Tracy.

"Oh my god you're here!" She squealed and opens the door wider for me to come inside.

"Hey Tracy! How is the arm?" I asked as I looked around their house. There were a few brown boxes with things still in them. They must not be completely unpacked yet.

"It's okay. I don't have to take any pain medicine for it anymore though." She said and glanced at me for a second. "I'm sorry if our house is a bit messy right now. I wasn't able to help unpack like we planned, so we are a bit behind schedule."

"Oh, you don't have to be sorry. You should see my house on a normal day." I lightly laughed.

"Jordan, hey."

I turned to see Mason next to the kitchen.

"You are just in time." He said and turned while gesturing for Tracy and I to follow him.

I walked into the kitchen and was instantly greeted by their father.

"Jordan! Nice to see you. How have you been?" He asked as he set the food on the table and we all sat down.