A Pleasant Surprise

Genre(s):

Comedy/Fluff/Friendship

~

The Cast:

Arianna

Gail

Janice

Jenie

Kara

Queen

Ruby

~

The Description:

After arriving home from the mall, the group is shocked by what Arianna has prepared for them.

~

The Story:

After shopping and walking aimlessly around the mall, the girls ate at Wendy's, which Kara had been craving for weeks. Once they were done with their meals, they made their way home; it was a forty-minute drive. So they had some time to listen to their favorite tunes on the radio.

But it was not exactly a pleasant drive, since Gail and Ruby kept arguing over a dashing boy that they bumped into earlier on their way to the parking lot. 

 "He was looking at me!" Gail remarked.

"Girl, you are clearly out of your mind if that is what you think," Ruby said, her voice laced with a mixture of amusement and disgust. 

"Who else would he have been staring at?" Gail snorted. "You?"

"Thanks for admitting it," Ruby replied smugly.

Gail's eyes stabbed like machetes. Ruby noticed this reaction and smiled. Gail opened her mouth, getting ready to utter a comeback when another voice rang out. 

"Ano ba naman iyan? Para kayong mga bata!"

Once they were at a red light, Janice sucked her teeth before she cast Jenie a sidelong glance. "Patahimikin mo nga sila, mars. Hindi ako makapag-concentrate eh."

Jenie looked over her shoulder at Gail, Kara, Queen, and Ruby, all of whom were seated in the back. With a distressed expression and her hands folded in her lap, Queen was seated between Gail and Ruby, who were too caught up in their argument to notice the state that Queen was in. Kara, on the other hand, was engrossed in a paperback by Nora Roberts. 

"Enough fighting, guys," Jenie reprimanded softly but firmly. "Janice is already having a difficult time focusing; we might even get in an accident just because of your petty argument. Tsaka tingnan niyo iyong mukha ni Queen! You two are stressing her out."