Chapter III: Soren

The long week was over and Soren, Scheven and Selene had arrived at Scheven's old forge. It hadn't been used for thirty years, for after he made weapons for The Shiv War, he hadn't returned. It was odd being here, a place that was once used to make weapons that were hoped to kill his mother. However, if the war hadn't happened, his adoptive parents wouldn't be together and his father likely would be alive now. His father had contracted a disease from Mirijar and died three years later after a long fight, and his mother died giving birth to him. He was soon adopted by Luna and Soleil, and so had no memory of the orphanage.
They walked into the forge, and as Scheven started reminiscing on his younger years, Soren and Selene looked around. They discovered the bedroom, where Selene laid down on the cot that once belonged to her mother. Soren sat on the dead 's cot, studying his spear. His mother Luna had once owned it, but no longer needed it. When Soren left to rule Rielweth, Luna gave it to him. This spear holds many memories, our family legacy. It kept your mother by my side, it quite literally helped me sweep her off her feet, but it also won us house arrest. Make good choices with it, Soren, and make all our Lee ancestors proud. Soren's mother's words rang in his head every time he saw the thing. He looked up to Selene studying her weapon. She too had the same weapon of choice as her mother.
     Scheven entered, sat on his old bed, and they began to truly flesh out every detail of their plot. Selene grew even more uncomfortable by the second, for good reason. Soren didn't think she'd go along with the plan, but she knew her life would also be on the line. They decided to get some rest, for that night they would change the course of history.
     Soren woke to the sound of Scheven's yelling. He wanted to get this over with, so he and Selene quickly grabbed their gear and ran out the door. They had put on dark cloaks in the hopes that those who were still awake wouldn't see them. They ran past Lost Queen's house, where surprisingly, for the first time in thirty years they saw candlelight coming from the window. They saw the silhouette of a slim, seeming weeping woman through the curtain, but Soren thought he was hallucinating. They continued on the path to the royal home. Scheven held the door knocker still as Selene unlocked the home before Soren opened the heavy door. They quietly stepped inside, and began to creep up the stairs.
     Once to the top of the staircase, Selene bolted forward to lead them to her parent's bedroom. However, she flung the door open instead of quietly moving it. This woke True Lover, who grabbed a weapon next to the bed, sprung out from under the covers and yelled "Who goes there!" This woke True Queen, who grabbed her weapon and ran around to stand next to True Lover.