Chapter 11: I Am Enough

Out of nowhere, Rosalie found herself taking a walk around the city when it was dark outside and then suddenly she heard someone talk in a cold and eerie voice.

Diana: This is all your fault. You shall pay.

She nervously turned around and discovered it was Diana. She got really scared since Diana's eyes were pitch black and bloody. Rosalie ran off as fast as she could. Ahead of her was another figure who appeared to be Diana's cousin Ruelle.

Ruelle: You really had the nerve to betray us in a snap. You're a backstabber, Rosalie.

Ruelle: We know where you're living and now, we found you.

Rosalie: Get away! You don't know where I live at all!

Rosalie turned away and ran off again to somewhere else. Two more figures appeared before her. It happened to be Giselle and Jeffrey.

Giselle: Haha you really thought I supported your little fling with Finn?

Giselle: You're as bad as a slut. No better than a skunk on a fence.

Jeffrey: Pedro was the most ridiculous name you could give me for pretense.

Jeffrey: We only pretended to be against Diana. She is our friend and look what you did! He got closer and his eyes became more scary.

Diana: I won't let you forget, stupid girl. I'll take my revenge.

Rosalie: She screamed. STOP! GET AWAY FROM ME!

All of a sudden, she woke up from her terrible dream with a fright.

Rosalie: On the inside. Why did they appear? That was a total nightmare.

Back in Windenburg, Rosalie's mom was sitting in her room and thinking about Rosalie. She had tears in her eyes. She had a brief flashback of Rosalie as an innocent and loving young girl. She always talked to her kindly about things, kissing her when she said goodbye, and welcoming her with open arms every time she came home.

Rosalie's mom: She thought to herself. Where did I go wrong? You were always so sweet.

Rosalie's mom: She cried. I wish you could talk to me. You know I still love you the most.

At work, Rosalie and Edgar were busy doing their job until a girl with light purple shoulder length hair, dark teal lips, and thick makeup came over to distract Edgar. Her name was Mara Cleevers. She's had a crush on Edgar for months and was kind of growing jealous of his connection with Rosalie.

Mara: Hey Edgar, can I get a little help on my project? I haven't had time to work this week.

Edgar: Sure, I can help you. Can I see the details of your project?

Mara: Of course you can. He followed her and she allowed him to check out her work on the computer.

Edgar: This is too easy. The criteria is very straightforward.

Mara: Are you serious? I find it very difficult.

Edgar: If you can't solve it, we have a problem.

Edgar: With a serious expression. You have 4 days to submit the project so try to follow the instructions it gives you.

Mara: Fine...I'll try to solve it on my own. Since you said it's not that hard.

She sat back down near her computer and randomly typed things out on her project. Afterwards, Edgar came to sit down next to Rosalie.

Edgar: How are you doing with work? Having any difficulties?

Rosalie: No, I'm getting the hang of the tasks.

Edgar: I'm glad to hear this. Your efforts are impressive.

Rosalie: Thank you. It's actually really simple.

In the distance, Mara watched them talk and she felt jealous again.

Mara: She thought to herself. Why does Edgar favor her so much? She doesn't do her job right.

After work, Rosalie was walking back to her apartment. But on her way, there was a middle aged man with reddish brown hair and the same green eyes as her walking towards her direction. He happened to be Rosalie's biological dad. He hadn't seen her for 11 years since he left her and her mom as a kid.

Rosalie's dad: He was surprised. Omg...Are you Rosalie?

Rosalie: Uhh...yes I am. But who are you?

Rosalie's dad: You probably don't remember me, but it's me. Your dad.

Rosalie: You haven't come to see me for years. Why did you leave me with mom?

Rosalie's dad: It's hard to explain. Things weren't going well between me and her.

Rosalie's dad: Let's go to my apartment to talk about this.

That's exactly what he did. Rosalie was about to learn the truth about her mom from her dad.

Rosalie's dad: When you were a kid, me and your mom would always argue.

Rosalie's dad: She was too controlling with the way I tried to parent you. She didn't trust me being your dad.

Rosalie: I only know you left, but never knew the reason why.

Rosalie's dad: So why are you in this city, Rosalie?

Rosalie: I ran away from mom and everyone else because I did something unforgivable.

She decided to tell her dad about everything she's been through in detail.

Rosalie's dad: Tell me you didn't do this intentionally, Rosalie. That's a big deal.

Rosalie: Mom liked Diana more than me, dad.

Rosalie's dad: I'm very sorry for not being there for you. I was selfish to leave you.

Rosalie's dad: I still can't forgive you, but thank you for telling me the truth.