Chapter 10: Different Life

Rosalie's new boss introduced her to work and she was ready for it.

Boss: Welcome to your first day here, Rosalie. I hope you will enjoy your new job. Your resume was excellent.

Rosalie: Thank you. I'll do my best.

She went ahead and sat in front of a computer to complete her tasks. She was creating visual concepts, editing pictures, and creating some logos for the company.

Rosalie: On the inside. This is way better than my old job.

Moments later, a dark brown haired guy wearing dark-rimmed glasses and dressed in a striped blue shirt and black pants approached her. His name was Edgar Brown.  

Edgar: Hello, I'm Edgar. I see that you're new here. I'll be your assistant if you need anything.

Rosalie: Stood up and said with a neutral expression. Hi, I'm Rosalie. It's nice to meet you.

They were both sitting down near the computers working on a simple web task together and Edgar really wanted to know how she got herself this job.

Edgar: So what's gotten you interested in this job?

Rosalie: I've always been an expert at graphic designing. But I didn't get a chance to pursue this career until now.

Edgar: Oh that's nice...But if you find things too hard, don't hesitate to ask for my help.

Rosalie: Thank you and I will.

Edgar: Wanna go grab some lunch together? I could use some company.

Rosalie: Uhh...okay.

They were both eating at a cheap kiosk place and Rosalie was sitting there with a sort of a sad expression. Edgar kept eating his food but then noticed Rosalie wasn't happy.

Edgar: You don't seem fine. Are you nervous about the job?

Rosalie: No, don't worry about me. I'm alright.

She took out her phone and was still seeing the hate comments on her Instagram. She decided to delete her account once and for all.

Edgar: Ok...I won't insist anymore. But if you have something to say, I will listen.

Rosalie: I just don't have a lot of good things to tell you about myself.

Edgar: I don't mind hearing about you. Did you move to this city recently?

Rosalie: Yes, I did. I moved here about a month ago.

Edgar: I see. I could give you a tour around this town whenever you like.

Rosalie: That would be nice. You're very kind.

However, her phone started ringing and she realized it was her mom calling her. She decided to decline the phone call.

Edgar: Don't mind me. You can answer if you want.

Rosalie: With an uneasy expression. It's not an important call.

That afternoon, Rosalie was laying down inside her apartment building and wondered about Edgar.

Rosalie: She thought to herself. Edgar seems like a good guy but I shouldn't trust him immediately.

Rosalie: On the inside. I don't want to put myself in that situation again.

However, she continued getting messages from her mom saying "Rosalie, where are you? I'm getting really worried now. Please do not play games with me. I want us to talk despite what happened."

Rosalie: On the inside. Whatever. I'll just leave my phone here. I want to go out for a bit.

She got up and walked outside of the door but then before she knew it, she bumped into someone. It was Edgar. He happened to also live in the same apartment building as her.

Rosalie: Edgar! What a surprise.

Edgar: Rosalie? Didn't know you live around here. May I ask where you were going?

Rosalie: I was just going out for a stroll. I always do this during evenings.

Edgar: I do exactly the same thing. Would you want to take a stroll with me?

Rosalie: Yes, I would feel safer.

After taking a stroll together, Rosalie thought about opening up to Edgar.

Edgar: Why did you look sad earlier?

Rosalie: I've done horrible things. I feel extremely guilty.

Edgar: What have you done? I think it would help if you talked about them.

Rosalie: Since you seem willing to sympathize, I don't think I have a problem telling you.

Rosalie: But you probably might hate me for my actions. Like everyone else did.

Edgar: I can't say I'll hate you. Everyone makes mistakes.

Rosalie bravely told Edgar about her story. How she fell apart with Diana secretly after they both met Finn and had a crush on him at the same time. She talked about her experience getting drunk at Jeffrey's house for the first time, her mom constantly comparing her to Diana, Diana having a miscarriage, and having a secret affair with Finn behind Diana's back. But most importantly she was depressed and totally in the dark because her mind was so messed up.

Edgar: I am speechless. I don't know what to say. You did things you shouldn't have done, but I don't think you were completely at fault.

Edgar: But what I can't understand is why you made that Jeffrey guy your fake boyfriend.

Rosalie: To get my mom's attention...So I wouldn't be seen less worthy than Diana.

Edgar: Seems like she neglected you for that girl. I don't agree with the way she treated you.

Edgar: Your feelings are as valid as anyone else's.

Rosalie: Really? You mean it? No one has told me that until now.

Edgar: I don't care if you made wrong decisions and I can't ignore the fact people close to you were turning you into someone you're not.

Rosalie: That's why I moved here. To escape my past. The day I got caught was the same day I decided to leave.

Edgar: I think you made the best decision.

Rosalie: She smiled and said. Thank you for hearing my problems. You are the first non-hypocrite I've met.