5- Sneaking; Level 0

Will POV

"WAKE UP, WE OVERSLEPT" a shrill voice woke Will, the red head scattered round the room, stressed. Will shrugged, looking at the girl now throwing pillows to wake him. She pauses. She knew the best way to get him up.

"You know, if you're late Mike might leave set by then" the boys ears perked, he was determined. Jumping up, he rushed to the bathroom, virtually pushing Max out the door frame.

Twenty minutes and many threats from Max later, the best friends were dressed and out the door. Joyce tossed her keys to Will signalling him to drive. Will had gotten his licence the year prior but rarely drove.

The weather was perfect. The leaves crisp as yesterday's rain cleared; the smell of mildew wafted in the air. Max scrunched her nose in disgust as they hopped into the aged car. She turned the dial of the busted car radio, chatting as they reached the venue.

"I can't believe it" Max squealed, jumping up and down. Max always wanted to be an actress ever since she was a little girl; it was her lifelong dream. She would stop at nothing until she got what she wanted. Will sat in the car smiling at his friend reaching the front desk to where she was pointed to a random direction, the red head quickly waved following the assistant's instructions.

Will waited in the car for a while, he quickly got bored, he got up and walked around kicking small rocks and pebbles he found. The weather was warm. Heat rays penetrated the earth as the sun shone on to his skin. Any longer without shade and Will would start to tan, he used his hand to fan himself.

A car pulled passed Will, he peeked at the driver...

It was Mike. Now Will could really feel the intense heat as a shade of pink flushed his face. Mike exited his car walking toward the entrance of the set. Will gawked, following Mike with his eyes examining his features as if he was moving in slow motion. The raven-haired boy walked pass the front desk becoming out of sight. Will groaned. If he wanted to be closer to Mike, he needed to find a way in without being caught. He drafted many ideas in his mind.

He walks up to the front desk. A smile plastered on his face, determination glints in his eyes.

"Name?" the lady behind the desk scowled, not even bothering to look up from her computer monitor. Will tried to answer, but no words were able to leave his tongue, his palms drenched in sweat and in that instance all his self-proclaimed confidence seemed to have melted into a puddle of goo. The lady grew impatient, she audibly sighed pushing her glasses to the bridge of her nose.

"Hey!" A voice chimed, placing a hand on Will's shoulder. Will froze, was security going to kick him out? Were they going to call the police on him? He went over every possibility; immediately getting to the worst possible conclusions.

The old woman in the chair turned to look up, hurriedly standing up and beaming at the mysterious man holding his shoulder, Will slowly turned around scared of who this person was.

'DUSTIN HENDERSON???' Will internally freaked out but couldn't let it show on his face. Will produced a crooked smile unable to predict how the interaction would go.

"I remember you!" Dustin says removing his hand from the small boy's shoulder "you were awesome yesterday night, I loved your dance moves, it even convinced Suzie to dance" the curly haired boy chortled imitating some silly dance moves. Will was still shocked that Dustin remembered him.

Dustin was his favourite movie director, and with being only a year older than Will, the curly haired boy started writing and directing ever since he was a student at college where he worked on many small projects which grew in popularity, making him the famous director he is today.

"Oh, you're a part of the film?" Dustin questioned with his head tilted to look at the brown haired boy. Will just nodded. He put an arm around Will and the pair began to walk pass the front desk. Dustin waved at the old woman; she swooned. Will cringed at the old lady. The curly haired boy continued the conversation.

"So, what's your name? Mine is Dustin Henderson" Dustin said calmly, Will giggled.

"I know, you're like crazy famous dude" Will continued "my name is Will Byers by the way"

Dustin took a few steps away from Will "Nice to meet you Sir William Byers" the curly haired boy dramatically takes a short bow, snickering before going back to asking questions

"So what part are you playing?"

"Oh. Um- I'm just an extra, not like an important part or anything" Will plucked the courage to speak stammering a bit as he did. "Every part is important in a movie" Dustin chuckled. They both stopped.

"I have to go this way; I think all the actors are in that wing of the set!" Dustin pointed before running off, Will turned on his heel facing the opposite direction to where the actors were.

"WAIT!" Will faced his head behind to look at Dustin "It was nice to meet you Sir William Byers" once again bowing, copying his mannerisms Will did the same and shouted a "You too" They both then jogged to their destination. 

---------------------

943 Words

A/N

I promise i will get Mike and Will to talk to each other eventually

its a slow build up but i promise after they meet it will get more interesting

Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter