4- Summer Shower

Will POV

Will jumped. Continuing the previous conversation

The best friends slow their pace

Will was cheering up, He couldn't believe he was in kissing distance to Mike, then realisation hit. "He's going to think I'm crazy now" He freaked out, Max watched quietly, she seemed to be deep in thought. She snapped back to reality.

"Oh, shut your melodramatic ass up, he was smiling the whole time I'm sure he doesn't find you weird, I do though" Max grin, Will pulled an annoyed face and playfully hit her, both friends started to play fight on the way home pushing and shoving. They were truly inseparable.

The Byers household came into view. The brown-haired boy asked if Max would like to enter, she nodded saying she left her keys inside. The Pair walked into the house met with silence, "Where's mom" the boy whispered under his breath.

"Your moms at work" Max replied as if she had ears like a bat. Johnathan had already fallen asleep, it was 11pm, they tiptoed through the hall and into Will's room.

"Who was that girl with Mike, the one with the short hair?" Max randomly blurted to Will's surprise. She turned away; a bright blush appearing as she turned her head.

"Well, if you want to find out who she is, I know a sure-fire way to find her" Will sinisterly laughed, confusing Max. He opens his laptop and goes to various sites. Max realising what the boy meant snatching the laptop from him. She giggled as Will sent a fake offended face. Will's hazel eyes were scanning the screen also intrigued to find out more about this mysterious girl. Will suggested

"She knows Mike, right? so go on Instagram, he only follows 46 people, so it'll be fairly easy." Max nodded as she went on his Instagram and looked at the number of his following... 46 exactly. The red hair girl stared at her friend, judging him. she opened her mouth to ask how he knew the exact number. She was impressed but also kind of creeped out, so she just smiled in response. Max scrolls until she finds the mysterious maiden.

"Jane El Hopper..." The two say in unison. "She's beautiful" Max gawked at the photos of El.

"She's not that great" Will was salty about this girl being close to Mike. He didn't want to admit it, but she was pretty. He scoffed and started to walk around the room leaving Max to stare at El's Instagram.

Time passed swiftly, the two friends continued to stalk both El and Mike. The red head was engrossed until she noticed the time.

"Oh shit! I'm going to be late!" Will was confused, causing Max to explain herself.

"Remember I said I had a small part on a movie I think it's called 'Normal things'." Max rushed to pack her things away. Will thought for a second he knew that name sounded familiar.

"Wait... Mike is going to be there isn't he? Why didn't you tell me?" Will practically screamed; Max shrugged unaware of Mike's projects. The bowlcut boy practically begged his friend to take him. Max resisted, worried the younger boy would embarrass her again but eventually gave in as she was about to leave. Will spoke

"WAIT! Max, you can't leave now, It's literally 12am and its raining." Max jolted her head toward the clock mounted above the door frame then toward the window now sparsely splattered with water droplets.

'12:08' her mother would be furious if she came home alone at this time.

Max and Will exchanged looks, both had the same thought

"SLEEPOVER" they whisper shouted quietly, not to wake Johnathan, Will sat on the bed; Max left the room to call her mother of her whereabouts. The room was peaceful just how he wanted when he was young. The room was engulfed by the serine sounds of the raindrops falling onto fresh grass, a summer shower casted over the town of Hawkins. He opened the window; placing a hand out, feeling the down pour, he felt tranquillity but also, he felt as if something was missing.

Until

"Now let's cyber stalk Mike and El" the smirking red head suggested as she burst through the doors.

The pair researched about the two stars; a smile crept on their faces as their beloveds popped on screen, both distracted staring at the pictures of the stars' most recent photoshoot. Will was completely engrossed as Max was searching for El on her phone, continuing for a short while; the red head girl eventually fell asleep scrolling through her phone. She rested with a smile plastered on her face. Carefully covering the girl with a blanket, Will tiptoed to his side of the bed.

Placing his phone down, He glanced at the clock- '1:16'. He cursed himself for not sleeping earlier. Laying down he closed his eyes repeating the events of the day in his mind. He pulled the blanket over his head and squealed kicking his feet

"I wonder if I'll see Mike again tomorrow" he questioned himself, finally finding a comfortable position to fall asleep, drifting into slumber 

------

896 Words

A/N

A shorter chapter

Tbh sometimes I lose my train of thought while writing (even though I've planned what will happen in the chapter) and then I give Will an internal monologue cuz why not.

Continue being beautiful <3