♡︎

On the next day I felt like shit. I didn't get any sleep last night, cause my head was too caught up in thoughts of Nicola and what he told me last night. I can't help, but this if he was actually truthful, or not. Does he actually like me, or is he playing, cause he was drunk.

I texted all my friends to ask them the same thing. I even texted Neymar to make sure I wasn't trippin'. I told my sister, I even spoke with uncle Lewis, when he woke up this morning. Everyone told me the same thing: 'if he calls you drunk..he likes you'.

So I was convinced that he was truthful, when he called me last night. But the truth was about to be revealed sooner than I expected.

Today granddad came and said he might need some help with training and the management team of A.S Roma, since the social media admin recently quit the job. And since I'm studying business and marketing, and I'm damn good at it, granddad asked me for help.

I had the opportunity to go and see Nicola with my own two eyes. So I got ready, I put on my best suit and we were ready to go. Got into the car after uncle Lewis left to do his own thing in Italy and the day has begun.

40 minutes ride, thanks to a pretty long and heavy traffic, we were finally at the A.S Roma's stadium. I got out right after granddad and I walk straight in thanks to the pass I had.

The players were already there warming up for training. Paulo and Nicola were also there, both looking at me the minute they noticed me. I was ready to walk up to Nicola and ask him about last night, but before I could Paulo came up to me with his sweet smile. I saw Nicola's face change the moment Paulo greeted me and he turns his head to the side.

"Hey there, little coach", Paulo spoke to me and my eyes got glued on his, "it's so nice to see you here again".

"Thank you, but I'll be here for awhile", I spoke to him with a little bit cold tone in my voice, I didn't even realised that until later, "I'll work with the management team".

"That's amazing! Welcome to Roma then".

"Thank you", I gave him a small smile, "can I catch you later, I gotta talk to someone for a moment?".

"Yeah, sure", he nodded.

I walk past Paulo without even realising that my smile was gone. I was so focused on Nicola to even realise that all their teammates were watching me as I walked past them. I stop by Nicola and my smile was once again on my face, like all my worries were gone.

"Hey, friend", I spoke to him first.

"Why are you talking to me of all people, tourist?", he looks straight into my eyes and his face was dead serious, cold and unwelcoming towards me, "Don't you have other people to annoy?".

"I...I thought we are cool after last night", I was so stunned by his words that I almost choked on mine. Why is he acting like that?

"Forget what I told you last night", he stands up in front of me, "I had too much to drink and I talk nonsense, when I'm drunk. We are not cool and I don't want you to talk to me".

"I....are you serious right now?".

"Dead serious", his eyes were fixed on my face and the way he was looking down at me made me feel so insecure at that moment.

"Okay", I shrugged, "fine, if that's what you want I won't talk to you again".

I turn my back at him and walk away. I felt so hurt by his words that I wanted to cry. How can he look at me into my eyes and say all these things that he said, the apology was all fake and drunk nonsense. I walk straight into the hallway to the management office and I close the door behind my back.