𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

I thought moving out of my parents house won't be that hard honestly. But oh boy I had no idea what I was about to receive. On the first day, after I unpacked all my clothes and stuff, and my make up...one of my showers broke. It wasn't working at all.

Y'all might say: 'so? You have another one, use it instead'. It ain't that simple. The shower started leaking water everywhere and by noon the whole bathroom was filled with water and it was about to spill everywhere. Thank God that the hotel took care of it, because if I had to deal with this on my own-I would lose my mind for real and go back home.

So, yeah this is how my first day in Rome went, pretty promising, right? I wasted a good day to deal with something that I didn't even break. But it was alright, I can still go out tonight, right? I can put on some nice clothes, do my make up pretty and just go for a walk. Maybe I'll meet someone cute on the way. Maybe one of those mafia bosses from the Wattpad fan fics will kidnap me and make me his wife.

"Absolutamente não", (absolutely not), my granddad didn't like my night plans at all and it was pretty obvious, "Não vou deixar você vagar pelas ruas de um país desconhecido sozinha Valentina", (I'm not letting you to wonder around on the streets of an unknown country on your own, Valentina).

"Mas...", (but), I tried to speak, but he cuts me off immediately without hesitation.

It's pointless to even try and make José change him opinion. In fact, I haven't met anyone, who can make José Mourinho rethink his decisions at all. So I had no other choice, but to stay in my apartment for yet another night and let the plans for tomorrow.

I walk in my apartment and I heard a sound coming from my phone. I pull it out of my pocket and I see a message on Instagram. It was from that Paulo guy. Great, if I somehow get him to go out with me, maybe granddad will let me go, I thought for a moment, but then the hard reality hits me like a truck.

"No one will let you go out with a stranger, Valentina", I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity.

So I just sat back and I opened my messages to see what I've missed. Around hundreds of texts from the group chat, one from my sister, one from uncle Lewis and from the Paulo guy. I got curious, so I decided to open Paulo's first.

[paulodybala] hey little coach ☺️
[paulodybala] do you like Rome so far?

I haven't had the chance to go out and look around yet

[paulodybala] Ahh that's too bad.
[paulodybala] do you want a tour guy by any chance?

Thank you, but I'll be alright
I can go on a tour after the practice my granddad will bring me to tomorrow

[paulodybala] ahh sweet, we are going to meet ☺️

Yeah, I guess☺️

[paulodybala] see ya tomorrow them, little coach.

See ya

I swear guys are the most random creatures you'll ever meet on this planet. Tell me what was the purpose of texting me, if you are going to cut me off two minutes later?

Anyway...I had nothing better to do, so I just left my phone to the side and I opened up my laptop to see, if I can stream a good movie. But to my surprise there was nothing good in my recommendations. Great, I thought to myself and rolled my eyes, Rome doesn't sound so exiting now.

Yes, I have to admit that the start of my little journey wasn't the best. And yes, I also have to admit that I was second guessing my decision to come here. But one day can't stop me from chasing my dreams right? It's new and it's unknown, but it will pass...eventually.