The stars in your eyes [John Silver x fem!reader]

(Requested by wantstosleep thank you for the request ^^ (switching pov from Silver to you but I think I made it obvious for you to know when you are in action ^^;) like always, tell me if you want me to rewrite the one shot if you're not okay with it.)

Silver had heard people talk about you in the pub sometimes and he was impressed. You were one of the best thieves in the etherium. Quiet, fast, charming and and a master of disguise. And oh how you used your charme. It was your most effective weapon. When he first met you in the pub he wanted you to join his crew. You had to admit that he was interesting but you didn't plan on giving in that easily. So instead of saying yes immediately, you said no and that the cyborg had to convince you first. After many tries, some more effective than others, you finally told him yes. You knew what effect you had on the boys in the crew. All of them used their free time to flirt with you and sometimes you would flirt back. What you didn't know was that your actions frustrated Silver more and more. Whenever he watched you train or just sitting in the shrouds he had a strange feeling. Of course he was familiar with the concept of love but how could he ever be with someone, let alone someone as gorgeous as you. His job, if you can call it that, is dangerous and he didn't want to put you in that danger as well. He knew that being one of the most wanted thieves wasn't safer than being a pirate either but in his eyes it wasn't more dangerous. Silver tried lying to himself for month, telling himself that it's just a phase, that you probably already have someone or that you wouldn't be interested in him anyway. You seemingly being too oblivious to notice him was just making things worse. He thought that you probably didn't know better since everyone was flirting with you so you would always brushed it off. The cyborg watched you sharpen your knife while leaning your back against a barrel. It were those tiny things you did that made his heart skip a beat and take his breath. In his eyes, you were perfect. "Hey captain.", you smiled when you noticed him. "Hey lass. Ready for tonight?", asked Silver nervous. "Always.", you grinned. You and the boys were planning a heist for a couple weeks now. Some royals threw a big party and those were the best opportunity to steal lots of money and jewelry. You had to go in alone while Turnbuckle, Scroop and Silver would wait further away from the mansion. "Good good...", nodded the cyborg and turned around. "I'll be in me quarters then." You watched him leave and shrugged before returning your attention to your trusty knife. You liked that one more than the others because it was a present from Silver when you joined his crew. You stretched after you were done and trotted to your room to change into a nice (dress/suit). After all, the takeoff to the planet was soon. You got dressed, fixed your hair (and did your make-up if you want ^^) after a refreshing shower and walked to your captain to tell him that you're ready to go. You raised your hand to knock but stopped when you heard him talking to Morph. "I dunno Morphy. Why can't I just tell her how I feel?" You raised a brow and put your ear on the wooden door. Eavesdropping was bad yeah, but you were curious. Your captain had a crush on someone and you were eager to find out who it is. 'This is gonna be good.', you thought with a smug grin and listened to the conversation. "No no. I don't even know if she likes me back. Why would the lass want someone like me. I'm a pirate! Ruthless, dangerous and not the best looking man." You pouted at that one. Hearing him talking himself down like that wasn't something you liked. "She's perfect Morph. Her voice, the way she fights, how she's always happy and her eyes. The most beautiful ones I ever got ta see. Powerful and scary but soft and caring at the same time.", he said. It sounded like he was walking around and you could imagine him gesturing with his hands. Morph made a few noises that sounded like he was impatient. It made you wish that you could understand the little shapeshifter. "And what exactly am I supposed to tell her?! 'Hey (y/n). I'm in love with ya. Would you want ta go out with me some time?' That's not how it works Morphy. I don't want ta hurt her." You leaned away from the door, your smile never leaving your face. In fact, it grew wider when you heard that. The man you admired from day one, the man that caught your attention the moment you spotted him actually liked you. You took a deep breath and knocked on the door. "Uhm...yeah? Who is it?", asked Silver startled. "It's me. Can I come in?", you asked and chuckled. "Yeah yeah. Come in, lass." You opened the door and saw him standing in the middle of his room. "What do ya need?" You didn't answer and walked up to him. You saw him tilting his head in confusion when you stood in front of him. 'Adorable.', you thought. "Lass? Wha-" You pulled him down by his collar and kissed him. It was obvious that he was surprised but he soon melted into the kiss and held you by your waist. You parted again and you smiled up at him. "I love you too dummy.", you said and chuckled when you saw his blush. "Ya heard me?" "The wood doesn't cancel noises out pretty well cap.", you said. "I should punish ya for eavesdropping, missy.", chuckled Silver and kissed you forehead. "Do what you have to do, sweetheart.", you said with a grin and let go of him. "But don't ever talk yourself down like that again. You are perfect the way you are and you're not putting me in any danger at all.", you assured him. He sighed and nodded, a sign for you that your message came through. "Come on now you 'big mean pirate'. We have a mission to do." You turned around and walked to the door before looking back again. "And I want you to ask me out properly when we're back.", you grinned with a wink. "O-of course (y/n). I will." You nodded satisfied and walked out of the room, picturing your dates and alone time already with your soon-to-be boyfriend.