Comfort [Jim x Reader]

(Guess I will start then ^^)

You and Jim were best friends and went to the Interstellar Academy together, tho you were a medical student and Jim was on his way to become a captain one day. Since the two of you lived on Montressor you suggested to move into an apartment together to save the money that would normally be spent on the trip to the Spaceport and back. It was a stressful week for you since you had a class test scheduled for next week and Jim wasn't leaving you alone to learn. "Dude come on. This test is important!", you groaned when your roommate leaned on the backrest of the couch and tapped your shoulder for what felt like the hundredth time. "But I'm bored...and I need my therapist friend to help me out.", whined the teenager dramatically. "I don't care.", you snapped but sighed after. "Look, I finish this page and then we can talk about your problems. Deal?", you said calm and looked at him. "Alright...", nodded the teen and shuffled in the kitchen. "You can make tea while you're over there.", you called after him, receiving a 'Okay' from your friend. You shook your head and kept writing your study sheet while taking a bite from your sandwich every now and then. It was late and you actually planned to go to sleep after you finished but you can't leave your roommate alone with his problems. He told you the story about the voyage and you noticed that he had nightmares almost every night because of what happened during that journey to the infamous planet. Jim already went to bed two hours ago but came to you after 30 minutes because of a bad dream. You wrote the last few words, packed your stuff away and walked to the kitchen to talk about the fifths nightmare that week.

Timeskip

After another two hours of talking you two finally went to bed. You slept on the couch while Jim took the bedroom. He offered you to sleep there with him but you kindly refused. You had a crush on him for a while but you always got too nervous to ask him out so sleeping in a room with him was a big no for you. And you were pretty sure that he just saw you as a friend anyway so you were trying to get over your stupid feelings. The sound of crying woke you up from your dream as you looked at the clock to see that it was 1 AM. "Only an hour...", you muttered worried and stood up. "Hey Jim.", you whispered and opened the door to his room, seeing him sitting on his bed while he tried to catch his breath. "Another nightmare?" The boy nodded and wiped his tears away while he watched you sitting down beside him. "What was it this time? The voyage again?", you asked and rubbed circles on his back with your thumb to help him calm down. To your surprise the teenager shook his head and looked in your direction. "No...it was you.", he whimpered. "I saw you dying." You we're glad that he didn't saw your shocked expression in the dark while you progressed what your best friend just told you. "W-what do you mean?", you asked nervous. "I dreamed that there was something at the academy...an explosion.", he said while shaking. "You were crushed under some rocks. I couldn't save you.", he finished and started crying again, harder this time. You felt a few tears rolling down you cheeks too while you listened to Jim's cries. This one was different from every nightmare he had before, a scenario that hopefully never happens. You got up and turned on the lamp on his nightstand before sitting down again. "It was just a bad dream okay.", you said with a calm smile and held out your hand for him to grab it. Jim sniffed and carefully put his hand in yours, letting out a shaky breath when he felt them touching. "See, I'm here.", you assured him. Suddenly he pulled you into a hug and buried his face in you shoulder. "I don't want to lose you.", he whispered, making your cheeks turning into a slight pink shade. "You're everything I have." "What about your mom...?", you asked, not sure what to do or say at the moment. "Sure, I do have my mom...but this is different.", your friend started. "I like you...a lot.", Jim confessed and looked up in your now red face. You couldn't say a word to him and mentally cursed yourself for it. His expression changed into a mix of disappointment and sadness again as he let go of your hand. "I guess you don't feel the same...sorry if I made things awkward now.", he muttered and wanted to stand up but you held him back. "No! I do.", you said quickly and stood up as well to hold both of his hands. "I really do. To be honest...I thought you wouldn't feel the same for me.", you explained and saw Jim blushing before he smiled. God you loved his smile, not the fake one he always showed in school or when they went shopping and met someone they knew. No, you loved his real and genuine smile, the one you always saw when he was with you. You closed the space between you two and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Wanna watch a few movies?", you then asked, receiving a nod from your friend. So you and Jim sat in the living room and watched movies together. It's not like you were able to sleep anyway.