What am I going to do with you... [Amelia x male!reader]

Requested by MrrpMrrpMrrp (thank you for your request and I'm sorry that it took so long. Class tests and presentations...Just to inform you guys. I decided that this isn't the trip to treasure planet bc it's canon that Doppler and Amelia start dating so I think it would make more sense that this is another mission. want me to change that, then I can rewrite it ^^)

You huffed and threw your bag in the corner of the room. Normally you didn't mind being hired but not this time. You just came back from another trip a day ago and all you wanted to do was relax. But no. Your dick of a boss told you that some dude hired a crew and they needed a cabin boy. You had to admit that the ship was nice. The R.L.S Legacy was in good shape and you were excited to work there. The actual reason for your bad mood was the captain. You had no problem with any other one before. They were pretty chill but this woman was different. "Stupid cat.", you mumbled and went back on deck. "Still mad boy?", asked a fellow crewmate and patted your head. "Do I look happy?", you asked back. "I can't believe that this woman wants me to do everything alone. And those stupid rules...tea at exactly 7 am, not being allowed to eat with you guys, finish task before eating. I'm not a damn slave!", you rambled. "Speaking of the devil.", said the other and pointed behind you. You turned around and watched Amelia and Mr. Arrow approaching you. "Mr. (L/N)! I thought I told you to go down to the galley!", said the feline and glared at you. "Yes ma'am." "And why are you still here then?" You heard the annoyance and disappointment in her voice. The 'You can't do the simplest things' kind of disappointment. "Was just packing my stuff away ma'am.", you grumbled and rolled your eyes. "Seeing you up here means you've finished. Now go downstairs.", said Arrow with his loud voice. You nodded and made your way to the galley to help cleaning before the takeoff. You rambled about how much  you hated the captain and received a hum every now and then from the cook. "Ya know kiddo. You just have to accept it.", said the alien and looked at you. "She only wants the best for her crew. She's doing a good job for someone who's captain for only a year now." You scoffed and looked up from the cutting board. "I doubt it. She pushed me around the moment I set a foot on her ship. I don't think we will ever be friends.", you said, not noticing the light footsteps by the stairs. "I'm just saying that she's too stern. Every other captain called me by my first name because I told them that I prefer that. Every other captain didn't mind when I said cap or something and most importantly...I didn't choose to come here. I wanted a week off before going back on board. I'm traveling for who knows how long now with no chance to visit my family. It's pissing me off!" You yelled the last part and slammed the knife into the meat you were cutting while the cook jumped back a little. "If you really hate it so much here and if you dislike me then leave.", said a female voice from the staircase. 'Crap...', you thought and turned around. "Ma'am I...I didn't mean it like tha-" "Not a word Mr. (L/N). I don't need a cabin boy right now anyway.", said Captain Amelia and left but not before you noticed the sad look on here face. "I think I fucked up...", you said and sat on the floor. "Ya think kid?", asked the alien with a raised brow and kneeled down. "Go and apologize. I can do the chopping.", said the cook and helped you up. "I will wait until we're out of the port.", you answered. The alien nodded and you two did your chores until the takeoff. You were allowed to watch it and when you heard the bell you sprinted up. Mr. Arrow yelled orders around while your fellow crewmates ran around to release the sails. You spotted the captain by the steering wheel, giving the coordinates to the woman who obeyed without a word. You walked up to the bridge when the ship finally flew out of the port. With a deep breath and a nod to yourself you knocked on the door. "Come in.", said the Captain. You opened the door and looked to the table where the feline and her first mate sat. "You're still here Mr. (L/N)?", asked Amelia and rested her chin on her hand. "Yes Ma'am...I want to apologize for my behavior.", you said and tried to look in her eyes. "Could you leave us alone for a moment Arrow.", ordered the woman. The first mate nodded and left but not without shooting a stern glance at you, sending shivers down your spine. Something about that guy made you nervous. Amelia stood up from her chair the moment Arrow left. You didn't know why but for a second a thought entered you mind. 'She is pretty...' "Listen. I understand that the job on a ship can be draining and I know that being ordered around is not nice but you're on my ship. That means that you listen to my orders Mr. (L/N).", scolded the feline and walked around the table. You just nodded and looked down to your feet. "I do have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. I heard so many good things about you." That comment made you look up in surprise. Surely those praises couldn't be from your boss since he's only pushing you around and mock you with his friends. "Who said that?", you asked and waited for the answer. Amelia chuckled and stood in front of you. "Other captains, people you worked with and people you helped at the port.", she explained with a smile. "Oh..guess that good image is ruined now huh?", you asked and sighed. "Not really. As long as you can prove that you can do better than that. I believe that you can because I have to admit that I took a liking on you.", said the feline and put her hand on your shoulder. You blushed slightly when she touched you and stepped back when you heard her chuckle. "Well...I glad you're not mad. I should go back to my duties.", you said and pointed to the door. "Alright Mr. (L/N). Ah Sorry, (Y/N).", said Amelia and winked. "Thank you captain. How...how about diner when we're at the port again? To make it up to you?", you asked when you stood at the door. "Are you asking me out?" Your face turned red at that question and you looked to the side. "If you want it to be a date.", you muttered loud enough for her to hear but not too loud. "I remind you when we're back at the spaceport.", nodded Amelia with a smile. You nodded happy and left the room. "Yes!", you said to yourself and went to the galley. 'Guess the trip won't be as bad as I thought.'