Aftermath [1]

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

Teyvat General Hospital.

Hey, how many times have we visited this place again? Two hands are beginning to be insufficient to count.

The 5th floor is also beginning to be a little crowded...

"I'm sorry, but you still can't go in," a nurse spoke to a (H/C) haired girl, and her brother who walked with crutches. They stood in front of the ER, desperately waiting for news of their beloved sibling.

"And you, young man. You should go back to your room and rest. You're still..." The nurse directed her words to Ayato, who still refused to move from his position.

"It's my sister in there," He frowned at the nurse, "Her accident is significantly worse than mine. Please understand."

"..."

All of a sudden, (Y/N) begins to tear up.

It is a natural reaction. Fate always bears its fangs to those who haven't done anything. And those who fall under fate's punishment, will despise it.

"C-Can you..." She sniffed, "Can you a-at least tell me...her condition?"

"That's not just something I'm allowed to..." The nurse stopped speaking once she saw the look on her face.

"..."

With a sigh, the nurse whispered,

"All I can say is, it's a miracle she is still alive right now."

*ೃ༄

Medical Report:

Patient Name: Kamisato Ayaka
Patient Gender: Female
Date of Admission: DD-M-YYYY
Patient's Relatives:
- Kamisato Ayato (+003 XXXX-XXX)
- Kamisato (Y/N) (+003 XXX-XXXX)

Patient was crushed under a large object. Witnesses say that said object was a large piano. As a result, she suffered severe injuries such as bone fractures, organ damage and major blood loss. The patient does not have any prior illnesses or injuries.

*ೃ༄

Medical Report:

Patient Name: --------
Patient Gender: ----
Date of Admission: DD-M-YYYY
Patient's Relatives:
- ------ (+002 XXX-XXXX)

Patient has passed away due to hypothermia and suffocation from lack of oxygen. There were no witnesses to explain the cause of death. A high amount of water was found in the patient's lungs. Doctors suspect the patient was drowned.

*ೃ༄

Medical Report:

Patient Name: Akino Tomo
Gender: Male
Date of Admission: D-M-YYYY
Date of Discharge: DD-M-YYYY
Patient's Close Contacts:
- Kaedehara Kazuha (+003 XX10-29)

Patient has fully recovered from a severely deep cut into his abdomen. Patient still needs to return for regular check-ups, but is now allowed to leave the hospital.

*ೃ༄

It's been a few days now. The remainder of Art Week was cancelled due to the two students being found in grave injury, one of them has even passed away.

The two incidents, surprisingly, have absolutely no connection to each other.

A funeral will be held for the student who passed, on Friday.

"..."

(Y/N) sat underneath the maple tree, the lone maple tree at the back of the school. The one friend that has accompanied her throughout her times of loneliness.

"...Is (Y/N) skipping class again?" Yoimiya looked out the window, where that very maple tree was barely in view, "I feel like it'd be better for her to stay at home instead, right? I'm sure the teachers would understand."

"You don't get it, Yoimiya..." Sayu yawned in her seat, "There's no one else for her at home."

"Hey, if you say it like that...!"

Autumn is known for being the season of wither and death, and it has barely begun, "...What can I do?" The blonde haired girl stared out the window. The whole Inazuma Department was filled with nothing but sorrow and silence.

"...I don't want to read today. I don't want to do anything."

The book that sat on (Y/N)'s lap remained untouched. She rested against the bark of the maple tree. She shed so much tears, there's not enough water left in her eyes to shed more.

"I just want to lean against this tree and die."

Her eyes were about as red as the leaves of the tree. Those eyes, slowly closed as she entered slumber...

.

.

.

"(Y/N), don't cry."

Suddenly, the (H/C) haired girl was engulfed by a warm embrace. It's like the comforting embrace of a parent to their child, or a child to their beloved soft toy.

"I'm here for you. There is no one else here but me."

(Y/N) refused to open her eyes, but she knew whose smooth yet soft voice was speaking to her, "W-Where have..." But her question couldn't escape her dry mouth. And he, ignored the unfinished question.

"Let me weave a poem for you...

The sound of the breeze
Caresses your flowy hair..."

Kazuha stopped for a moment, before a smile reappears on his face. The smile, although (Y/N) couldn't see it, was a little sinister, like there was a knife hidden behind it.

"The last line..."

...Was a whisper,

"Like no one else will."

Soon enough, the millionth leaf had already danced down from its branch.

*ೃ༄

(We're entering Act 2!!!)