1 | ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇɴɪɴɢ

Sketches By Me!

For an expanse of time he can barely fathom, he had been dormant. His mind was lost in an endless blank space, darkness encapsulating his every sense until only his thoughts remained.

While he waited in nothingness, he asked questions repeatedly. Where am I? He thought. Who am I? The more time passed, the more curious he became about himself. And then, he began to notice a change; there was light.

A calm, blue spark ignited his dark expanse, filling his emptiness with vibrance and energy. Suddenly, he could feel more and hear more. The tips of his cables swayed with his helm as his body began to move after an age of stillness. It was a small thing, barely noticeable to most.

But he noticed. He was enthralled with the feeling of 'movement.' It was as if he were a newborn, taking in the world around him for the very first time.

Well, it was his first time. He had no memory of there ever being another time. He was an almost completely blank slate.

He lifted his head, his blue orbs whirling as they adjusted to the dimness of wherever he was. The walls were layers upon layers of rock, damp and cold to the touch as he was deep beneath the ground. But it wasn't completely dark, thanks to the numerous blue deposits that surrounded him.

Pretty. He thought. They were a really beautiful sight. Well, he couldn't tell what was truly beautiful or not. Everything he saw for the first time seemed to be pretty. Even the walls. He'd never seen walls before. Or the ground. Or the sky, which was just more walls of rock.

It was better than the nothingness, that, he was certain of.

I want to get closer. He tried to move a bit more, but promptly landed on his face the minute he did. The pain registered immediately, yet another new experience for him. Though he did not like this one at all and would rather never feel it again.

Thus, he encountered his first problem.

He did not know how to walk.

Standing again, he just ended up falling once more when he tried to move. He didn't have the energy to keep trying at it. He'd only just woken up after who knows how long, in who knows where without any knowledge of the most basic things.

He decided to try another method, something that may be simpler than the arduous enemy known as 'walking'. He pushed up on his hands, subsequently coming up on his knees as well. When he tried to move one side forward, he ended up tilting over completely. He did not give up, however, and kept trying until he got it right.

After a few minutes of trial and error, he learned to crawl! What a wonderful achievement! Now, he can get closer to those pretty stones that glow as he does. Have I always glowed? He thought. But of course, there was no one else around to answer such a question. How would he even ask, as he did not know how to talk, either?

He did not mind, though. He simply wanted to know what these pretty stones were. When he touched them, they gave off a slightly brighter glow than before. When he looked down, his body was doing the same, as if there was a reaction to him being closer. A small spark danced from the stone to his palm, entering his body seamlessly.

Whatever that was, it felt good. He wanted to do that again.

So, he did. With a bit of effort, he broke off a piece of the stone from the wall and held it in his hand. It became even brighter, and little sparks danced just like before.

He had the sudden urge to bite it.

CHOMP!

Figurative stars emitted from him. Tasty! He exclaimed mentally. The stone tasted really good to him, though he did not know what to compare it to. His body instinctively reached for more, each piece finding its way to his mouth.