12 | ᴀᴜᴛᴏʙᴏᴛꜱ, ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴘᴛɪᴄᴏɴꜱ

ST3V3 was immensely remorseful that he couldn't retrieve the child.

He felt bad that he'd scared the youth. The Eradicon wasn't exactly sure how to approach a child, like many of the drones in their forces. His inexperience proved his downfall during his first encounter; the youth used him like a springboard. Any other attempt to get him was met with a terrified squeak and other evasive maneuvers.

...Was he really so scary? Was it his visor-like optic? Was it his dark colors? His voice? What had scared the child away from him aside from the cannons-blazing, ground-zero-like warzone they'd inadvertently created through their scuffle with the Autobots?

He didn't know, so, he'd been researching how to properly approach children via the human internet and their own database. Humans had extensive knowledge when it came to the subject of children, a far cry from their own data. Though he understood the reason why.

After the Last Fall, there were thought to be no sparklings left among their kind. Due to the lack of need for the information, it was scarce in their ship's databanks. That information now was mostly from those with first-hand experience, and after the fall... those were few and between.

But that would not deter ST3V3! He was determined to make a better impression on the youth when they eventually met again. There was no way they were going to let the poor tyke stay with the Autobots, their enemy, for longer than they could help it.

What if they were teaching him that Vehicons like him were bad? They were ruining his chances of a good impression with their lies! ST3V3 was not a bad guy, he worked with questionable superiors, but he was not a bad guy. With his studying, surely he wouldn't scare the child again.

Next time, he would make a much better impression on the youth. Oh! When they retrieved him, he'd show the little one the coolest places to explore on their ship!

ST3V3 was hopeful as he went on his routine scouting mission. Well, now routine, since they'd received new orders to not only search for energon, but locate the Autobots, and in turn, the child.

Honestly, he was glad to have more time away from the ship. The atmosphere was extremely tense upon the Nemesis, the dreary weather outside adding to the rising angst. Their lord had returned from their most recent battle so enraged no one but his most trusted, Soundwave, dared approach him.

That, and with a literally broken Starscream being dragged by his wings. What in the pits did he do this time?

ST3V3 couldn't find it in himself to feel bad for the mech though. Not only was he getting his aft beat every other month because of his useless schemes (it wasn't a secret at this point, so pitiful), but he'd treated the poor Eradicon horribly before their Lord returned.

Even if he was only a foot soldier, a clone that was expendable, the one thing he could say was that their Lord still treated them with some decorum. So seeing the seeker getting dragged like a piece of filthy trash left him in higher spirits when he left for his scouting mission.

ST3V3 was happy and hopeful for the future, making plans for all of the things he'd show the little one when they rescued him from the Autobots.

The same couldn't be said for Megatron, however.

"Please, Master! Don't do this!"

Megatron said nothing in response to the pleas of his now rankless officer. He dragged the filth to the interrogation room, where Soundwave was waiting for him. Seeing the silent mech, Starscream struggled even more in his Master's iron grip.

Originally, he'd been planning to destroy the seeker, with a rare added incentive from his espionage specialist. But then... in the failure to deal with treachery, the perpetrator that cost him thousands of troops and the loss of just as many precious young, a sparkling was found: Neo.