6 | ᴄᴀᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴ, ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1

When Megatron arrived at the mine with a terrified Starscream, he had two plans in mind. One, get rid of an annoying thorn in his side that lost all purpose... and investigate a signal that had recently appeared on their scanner.

Something in him kept whispering at him to look. Though that detail was only told to his most trusted, Soundwave. He was the only one who knew anything else was up aside from investigating an energon source. This was something Megatron wanted to do himself.

So why not take care of two problems at once? This would be the perfect place to do so. And so, he turned his attention to the pathetic seeker currently begging for his spark to be spared.

"Why Master!?" He wailed, his voice utterly revolting to Megatron, "I have been nothing but loyal to you!"

"Loyal?" The Decepticon Leader could almost guffaw at such a joke, "There were many times I should have killed you, no, I would have killed you long before your most recent transgressions." Megatron was painfully calm as he continued, "Trying to take over my forces, taking the dark energon from my spark, using it to raise your own undead warrior..."

"HIIIEEK!" Starscream tumbled to the ground, horror written in his every movement. "H-H-How did you k-know about all of that!"

"Soundwave is excellent at his job, and I am not blind."

He readied his blaster as he sneered, "And then there was The Last Fall, which I should have ended you for long ago."

The seeker knew that death was imminent now. No one knew that. He'd made sure to scrub all indicators that it had been his call for that attack! He knew he did! He backed up further.

Even still, as he knew there was no saving him, he kept trying to save himself, "T-That base was an Autobot hideout! I was merely eliminating the enemy!"

He refused to admit his blunder. He refused to admit he felt guilty, he refused to admit anything, so Megatron was going to do it for him.

"That 'base' was a civilian camp, you fool! Neutral ground! No Autobot or Decepticon ever targeted it, and for very good reason."

Life was a gift, and new life was something treasured by all of them. The few younglings left in the wake of the war were precious to both sides, and it was not only a few that had children of their own.

Megatron had ended many lives, but even he was not evil enough to do something as dastardly as ending a child's life. Sure, they could grow to be a Decepticon or an Autobot, but that would have been then, not any sooner.

"Even you should know how precious younglings were after the well died."

When the light faded from their world, it took those new sparks with it. Cybertronians weren't created in the same way as humans. The well was where all of their life came from. With it dark, a new spark would never be born to their kind again. Those that had... died not long after.

It was a day in which the entire planet mourned a great loss. Only a few younglings were strong enough to withstand that detrimental occurrence. Thus an unspoken agreement was had between the two factions, and a neutral ground was created.

Only a few knew that it was a place where the remaining sparklings were supposed to be safe from the war. It was a rule they kept true to, even if neither side said anything or wrote anything about it.

Starscream, somehow, had gotten his grubby digits on the location, misinterpreting it as an Autobot base. Noticing the amount of Autobot personnel there, he acted in a moment of greed. He wanted to gain power in the Decepticon ranks. He wanted to hit the Autobots where it hurt, and he wanted it to be seen by every Decepticon under his command at the time.