thirty-two - gone .

TW: Death, hospitals

The Phantom was moored in the water beside the deck, fully gassed up and ready to go. The hold was filled to the brim with the non-perishable food Kiara had managed to take from The Wreck, and the keys sat in the ignition. Rylee was bowed over the engine, supporting herself on her good arm while examining the condition. JJ was doing the heavy work for her as she only had one arm, following Rylee's instructions.

Rylee could feel herself fading. Because the adrenaline of the fight had worn off, the pain was seeping into her conscious more and more. Even extending her arm forward to point at a bolt that needed tightening sent ripples of pain through her. Thankfully, JJ was right, and The Phantom was in excellent condition, ready for the trip to Mexico.

"She's a beauty," Rylee couldn't help but mention as JJ shoved the cover to the engine back on, "Too bad John B will have to sell her once he gets to Mexico."

JJ faked a horrified expression, "Over my dead body," He exclaimed, reaching out to stroke the wheel thoughtfully, "Don't listen to her, girl."

Rylee rolled her eyes and gave JJ a small shove. The action pulled uncomfortably at the wound, and she winced, hissing in a deep breath. JJ's face filled with worry, "We gotta get you looked at, Ry," He mumbled, "Kie and Pope can take it from here --"

"I'm seeing John B off," Rylee repeated for the fifteenth time. Everyone had tried to convince Rylee to let them drop her off, take her to a doctor, call an ambulance, "It's a flesh wound. I'm not dying."

JJ's eyes flickered up to the crown of Rylee's head, dyed red from her blood from the end of Barry's gun, his expression still hesitant. He nodded, though, leaning forward to kiss Rylee's temple before pushing himself to his feet.

"What time is it?" Rylee called out.

"Three thirty," Pope responded after checking his watch.

Kiara was pacing the dock, her nerves radiating onto all of them, "Dude, where is he?" She exclaimed, holding her arms out to her sides.

Pope sent Kiara a wary look, his motions stilling. The front of his shirt was covered in blood, Rylee's or Rafe's, no one was totally sure, "Give him a second. He'll be here."