four - there's a boat down there .

The rooster's crowing stirred Rylee from her sleep, the sunlight pouring through the living room window of the Château and directly into her eyes

The rooster's crowing stirred Rylee from her sleep, the sunlight pouring through the living room window of the Château and directly into her eyes. Her hands rose to cover her face as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes before forcing herself into a sitting position. JJ was still sleeping beside her, facing away but one arm still slung heavily over her waist. She shoved his arm off before standing up and stretching her sore limbs.

The shattered screen of her phone that was plugged into an outlet in the kitchen blinked a low battery sign as she picked it up, and she also noticed with a quick glance to the upper corner that she had no signal. The storm must have knocked out not only the power but the cell towers as well. She sighed and dropped her phone back down, figuring she'd have to charge it later somewhere on Figure 8. They always had generators.

The air was still damp as Rylee pushed open the front door and headed outside, though she was grateful for the warmth of the sun. The huge live oak tree that had been in John B's front yard for Rylee's entire life had been pulled up from its roots and now laid in the middle of the yard, covering the entirety of the property in branches and debris. She cursed a little under her breath before ensuring that the tree hadn't crushed anything -- or anyone.

"Yo, JJ, you been outside?" Rylee heard John B's voice carry from inside.

JJ's reply was muffled, still half asleep, "I have polio, bro. I can't walk."

Rylee began to shift some branches out of her way to ensure her bike had stayed safe under the porch, "Oh man," John B murmured through a yawn as he walked down the stairs, spotting the tree. His fingers interlocked and came to rest on the top of his head, "That is not good."

"Aggie did us dirty," Rylee agreed, looking up at JJ who had sleepily followed after John B, taking a long drink of an open beer, "Hey, look at the bright side -- It could have fallen the other way and smushed us all in our sleep."

John B rolled his eyes fondly.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ asked, letting out a burp that made Rylee's nose crinkle in disgust.

"Yeah, she did."

"Pogue okay?" Rylee inquired as John B made his way over to the HMS Pogue, a Carolina Skiff 21 boat that the group had been using basically all their lives. It wasn't much to look at, but it did the job and that was about all that was really necessary.