First night back

The group of Hufflepuffs grinned as they sat int the compartment with the Marauders.

"Then next thing i know, mum is drunk and yelling about how she is proud to be a witch" Joseph laughed as Remus sat beside Lilac

"Hey." He smiled

"Hi Moons" Lilac smiled. It turned out that after years of being suspicious about Remus, it turns out that he was a werewolf. Lilac had found out when he came out of the whomping willow early one morning. He was all cut up and in pain. He had to tell her. There was no excuse. She had kept his secret well, then her brother and his friends found out.

"Got you a new book" he smiled. She beamed and took the book from him

"Shake spear?"

"Shakespeare" he corrected with a chuckle as Gilderoy knocked on the door.

"Come sit with us?" He smiled. She nodded and bid her friends goodbye, taking Gilderoy's hand and walking to his compartment where his friends were sitting, talking about girls in a way that made Lilac want to curl up and die.

After a while, she went to find Severus, who was sitting with Lily, Marlene, Dorcas and Marena, who claimed that the boys were boring her and Evie was snogging Joseph.

They were unofficially together, but if anyone was to suggest anything, they'd deny it.

Lilac shook her head fondly and smiled as Dorcas and Marena bickered back and forth about music.

"So how come you ended up here?" Marlene asked

"Gilderoy's friends were making me uncomfortable" She shrugged. Severus frowned. After all these years, he was expecting Lockhart to have cheated on her, but he was staying loyal.

"Lilac, have you completed the summer assignment for Herbology?" Marlene turned to ask her friend

"Yeah, want to take some notes?"

"Please"

Lilac nodded and passed her friend her notebook, which was in her bag.

"Thanks"

"Come on Lilac, Sev we have to go do prefect shit" Lily said, pulling Lilac up.

"Oh, Lilac, your book." Marlene tried to and her the book

"Keep it for tonight, I just need it tomorrow morning." Lilac smiled and closed the compartment door.

"I'll go get your brother, I'll meet you both at the prefect carriage." Lily said, walking in the opposite direction.

"So, how was your summer?" Lilac asked

"Pretty boring. Father made me get a muggle job to keep me occupied." He said as they walked down the narrow isle of the train

"How was yours?" Severus asked

"It was good, Mum and dad are getting a bit tired though, so I was helping around the house." She smiled as they walked into the compartment.

"Lilac, love!" Gilderoy smiled.

"Do you want to sit with u-" Lilac stopped talking as she noticed Severus had already left her side. She shrugged and sat beside Gilderoy, who draped his arm over her shoulder as Lily and James came in.

James sat across from his twin and glared at Gilderoy.

"Hands off my sister, Lockhart."

"James, stop being annoying." Lilac hissed as the Head boys and girls gave out duties. Gilderoy kissed Lilac's cheek and noticed Snape looking over at them. He smirked and kissed her head in a gloating manner. Severus glared at him.