Crushes

Lilac was sitting in the common room with Ross and Joseph as Proud Mary played through the radio set that Joseph had brought from home.

"Remus has been staring at you all day" Ross told Lilac, who was reading a new book.

"Lupin? Why?" She asked

"Dunno, it's actually pretty creepy."

"Hey, be nice. Remus is a kind boy"

"A kind boy? Lils, are you a sixty year old woman?" Joseph laughed. Lilac rolled her eyes at him.

"Oh shut it!" She laughed at him

"I don't really like the marauders, bar your sibling, but even he is a git most of the time." Ross explained

"Okay, as true as that may be, do not call James a git, he is still my brother." Lilac told her freind

"I know, but even you have to have seen how they treat the Slytherins, Severus included."

"I have and I have spoken to him about it and he said he would stop."

"I know Lilac, but Severus and plenty of others are worried that there is itching powder in their beds."

"I have asked him to stop, I can't do much more than that." Lilac sighed

"I know Lils" Joseph smiled 

A few hours later, James was sat with the boys in their dormitory

"Saw you staring at my sister earlier Remus." James spoke as Peter finished up his Charms homework and Sirius was hanging upside down on the bed listening to Remus' records.

"Don't know what you are talking about James." Remus said, looking up from his book.

"Oh, come on, you have a fat crush on Lilac!" Peter yelled across the room, making Remus blush

Sirius gasped

"I knew it! James you owe me five galleons!"

"Damn!" James sighed and threw Sirius his money

"Okay! New mission, get Remus to date my sister!"

"Wait what?" Remus asked

"Well you must have noticed who has been spending a lot of time with my sister." 

"Old Snivvy!" Peter chimed in

"Right you are Petey, right you are." Sirius pointed over to his friend

"So? Theyre friends."

"Ah ah, Over the break, Bellatrix was saying that a yearmate of mine in Slytherin has a crush on 'her sweet Hufflepuff' Well I asked who and she told me that his name is Snape."

"But he and Lilac are joined at the hip."

"Well, we will have to do something about it then won't we?" James smirked 

Lilac was sitting with Severus in the Transfiguration class when James came over.

"Lilac, snivvy. Lilac, come sit with the boys and me."

"I'm fine here and don't " She smiled

"Nah, come on sis, I miss you." James begged

"Go on, I can sit with Marena." Severus smiled shyly.

"You sure?" She asked

"Yeah, it is fine. Go spend time with your brother" Severus reasured her.

"Meet me later? She asked. Severus nodded. James Pulled his sister to Remus desk. She sat beside Remus, who's hair looked combed back and he looked different.